Collaboration: Vanessa and Michele - Thinking of You

BobR

Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:49 pm

Wow! What can I say, that was so very well put together.

Thanks for sharing your collaboration

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Great job girls! Very spooky feel to that drop D and a nicely weaved web of words an sounds taking us on a magic carpet ride to mysterious place Shel. Well done!

sandysue

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:36 pm

Wow Ness and Shel, that is both beautiful and haunting. I love it. Awesome talent from both of you. :)

Sandy

lueders

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:21 pm

That WORKS WELL! :) :) :) Textures, textures, textures beautiful! Sounds like a musical score! You enhanced something that was already solid...I'm sure Vanessa would/did agree?(Haven't read her comments yet.) The light-floating, lilting-wilting flute stuff just ups the drama that much more for me...it's a thing of beauty. (Eat your heart out Jethro Tull!)
Just Perfect...many hours must have gone into this! :) :)

The other day, I re-read one of your replies in the TTZZ thread about your apprehensions about your voice. Since I am such a good singer I wanted to comment on that. I would imagine unless you're Adele or Freddie Mercury, a person probably always feels that way; right? Maybe even IF you're of that ilk...Do you have either's vocal range? Probably not...but who needs it. Your voice has a character/authenticity I don't get from their stuff. I dig people like Tom Waits, John Prine, Lucinda Williams...you sing way, way, way, way better than all of them and you might say they've done pretty well. I could go on btw...Neil Young-whiny nasal falsetto, Stevie Nicks-chain smoking munchkin...etc, etc. but they're all great! & you're better on all accounts...and these are some of my all-time favs...so be self-conscientious if you want because it is true to your nature and part of your feisty creative process but keep in mind the other side of the coin. Character/Authenticity/Originality goes a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, way. :)

I liked the lyrics they drew me in. I believe good art asks more questions than it answers...and this definitely does. It leaves you wanting more. There's a sense of intrigue there.

michelew

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:33 am

WOW... I'm absolutely blown away by your collective comments... I've started this a few times and found myself lost for words... I don't know how to do justice to them. They are ... Well I feel ... I guess choked up, blessed, lucky, ... To be part of a community that is so giving ... Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Willem - thank you - it sounds like you were moved - that's great to hear.

Nessa - I don't know how to do justice to your comments most of all. That's what I hoped you'd feel and so much more... Thank you for everything you've said here and all of the detail in particular. You of all people know how much of a journey has been and its twists and turns. Thank you sweet woman... It means the world to me that you feel that way. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Kev - thank you my friend, I love hearing that from you. I hope you're doing well.

David - Collaborations! Who knew? :) thanks!

Bob - thank you, thank you, glad you liked it

Chris - thank you - a mysterious carpet ride. I like that. :)

Sandy - thank you - I couldn't agree with you more about Ness' talent.

Cori - WOW! Who is this woman of whom you speak? :) that's some list of singers. You're such a sweetie. I can't promise to not be self-conscious, but it's fantastic to get such a vote of confidence. Thank you.

I don't feel like I've found the right words here. Just know that I'm incredibly touched and couldn't have wished for better responses.

Shel

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

familyman4

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:44 am

Sorry I am late to the party responding to this compilation.

It is amazing to me that Vanessa created this "noodle" without a song in mind to start with. Then Michele, for you to have the creative mind and talent to add the words & vocals, the other instruments and mix it all together, just amazing ladies!

I think this is getting very close to professional level now.

How fun to watch and to hear!

Thank you both for the inspiration!
Bart

michelew

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Bart - Thanks! Big smiles here. I've got to say I LOVE the sound of "close to professional". :)

Ta

M

wiley

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:50 am

michelew

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:19 am

Wiley - thanks very much for the praise, the pep talk and the vote of confidence. I'm sure most of us are our own harshest critic. It's great to hear I've improved over time too. And yeh, confidence absolutely helps.

Totally vocals - I hear you. :)

I'm looking forward to your next post, with singing.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic