Julia

familyman4

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:29 am

Beautiful Daryl!

Very accomplished performance. Loved listening and watching your video!

Bart

daryl

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Willem, David, Bob, Sandy - Thank you.

Chris - Thank you. Definitely better audio quality than last time. Uncertainty to the vocals? Yep, that's me.

Bill - Thank you. Even with YouTube screwing with the audio, I too thought the guitar sounded really good, vocals not
so much. :-( The strings are still the old EJ16s. Once they really die I'll put on the Retro strings.

Ness - Thank you. You're VERY kind.

Michele - Thank you. Too bad I don't have a better voice. :-( And yes, I'm feeling a little more like posting again. We'll
see what happens.

Kev - Thank you! Haven't seen or heard much from you lately. :-( I too liked the natural lighting. It kinda helped with the
"mood" of the song. I'm glad I did the "redo".

Bart - Thank you. Accomplished? Not really. I'd say passable.

Craig

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:20 pm

Daryl,

Great job on the vocals! Your voice fits this song nicely! I guess this raises the question, Is it possible to "phantom" yourself?? :laugh:

Craig

crieniecat

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Daryl,

As a singer one of the most difficult things is to get across to "the audience" the feeling of the song, the lyrics.
You managed to do this both with your playing as well as your singing.

This was a delicate, pure and heartfelt rendition of "Julia" and yes it is scary to put something like this out in the open, still, as you can read from our fellow TG members, it is highly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing this with us, really.
Corina.

lueders

Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:38 am

Sounds pretty good to me, Daryl! :) :) Nice going!! I remember this one....it was good then and it is good now. How's the soloing going for you? Still noodling around with that? I can come up with some stuff a little better now days...but I still can't just go off on multiple tangential variations on the spot like I'd like to be able to.

daryl

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:34 pm

Craig - Thank you. But definitely NOT a great job on the vocals. I'll leave your "phantom" question to the philosophers.

Corina - Thank you. You are much too kind. I so wish I had a better voice.

Cori - Thank you. Soloing? Not for a while. Definitely one of my weak areas. Might we see something from you in the not too
distant future? What is your child's name? Does s/he sing yet or does s/he just wail? ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic