If I Needed You - Emmylou Harris/Don Williams - Collaboration of Bill & Vanessa

dekotaj

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:31 am

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive been watching this for a few day now.What a great song by to country giants.It's great to lets us all see what can be done with a three chord song.Just and outstanding piece of work you two.

Kev

wrsomers

Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:40 am

Thanks Kev. We enjoyed doing it.

Bill

TGNesh

Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:18 pm

Hey boys and girls! (that's Chris' line :laugh: )

Gosh....wow...how I loved to read all your comments, which were just so generous and kind. :blush: You're all awesome!! :cheer:

Daryl: Thanks Daryl! Yes, all credits to Bill, regarding video editing. And yes, Sandy on bass would have been a fantastic combination of people and instruments. I have a feeling it won't be our last collab, if a song presents itself, we're on it!

Tom: Many thanks Tom, very glad you enjoyed it!

Scott: Hey buddy, so good to hear from you! I think you've started the Wow-response in this thread. :cheer: It made my day!

Chris: Haha, I'm beaming?! B) I suppose I really love and enjoy playing and singing :) It was also really great to do this with Bill! Thanks my friend X

Jason: Your favorite of all covers? Wow....that's really generous! Many thanks Jason!

Bob: I can so live with fabulous :cheer: ;) Really happy you think so, thanks Bob!

Sandy: Many thanks Sandy for your kind comment! I am sure you would have done a great job on the bass though :) Are you bringing it to IGC 2016?

Bart: Loved to read your response Bart, means a lot to me! And yes, haha, looking over to Bill was actually his idea, I think it indeed worked out quite nice :lol: Many thanks my friend! :kiss:

Jay: Aaaawh Jay, thank you very much!!!! And yes, only three chords. Key of G, to match Emmylou or Townes, just capo on the 5th fret. The melody is right there, I'm sure you'll find it. Let me know how it goes, if you will.

Michele: A wow in capitals! :woohoo: :P Thanks so much Shel, I in particular loved your line. 'shown us what duets are all about'. If Bill and I managed to do that, then well......that's just...uh....fantastic!!!! (for the lack of a better word :S :dry: ) Thanks again my sweet friend X

David: B) :cheer: Thanks to you too David, awesome to hear that you loved it!! What more could i ask for?! :)

Willem: Aaah you played along Willem? Well it sure is such a nice song to play and sing. Indeed both strumming and picking works. Thank you Willem!

Dermot: Hey! Glad you liked it and that you didn't shut your ears :laugh: :laugh: Thanks Dermot!

Corina: Hey babe! :) Good to hear you liked it, we should play and sing it some time too. I'm sure that it will sound nice as well! :) Thanks honey X (and Bill's right, we should find a song in which you can join us, that'd be awesome. I know, not so easy, but lets just look/listen around.)

Ron: thanks so much Ron! I'm glad the 'looking at each other' turned out okay, haha! :laugh: have to admit, that I don't know Townes at all. Even this song, i heard it from others first, to find out that it's his song. In any way, thanks again!

Rippon: Thanks Rippon. A lesson on 'If I Needed You' or on 'frailing'? As for the song, it's really only three chords, with the melody right there in the chords.

Kevin: THANK YOU sweet man!!!! :) :) Couldn't agree more, awesome what one can do with only three chords. Glad you liked our rendition!

Many thanks folks! It was really nice to do this with Bill and I'm thrilled that you all enjoyed our efforts. :)

Ness

wiley

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:53 pm

TGNesh

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:22 am

Many thanks Wiley, very glad you think we did it justice! :) :)

wiley wrote:
Don Williams - Country Music Hall of Fame inductee 2010. 17 #1s. 42 of his 46 'singles' made the top 10. My Dad's favorite, and one of my own. AKA - "The Gentle Giant", lived (and may still) in Floydada, Texas. Began his 'real work' life as, what else, an electrician!! Of course, he was singing on stage as early as 1942, at the age of 3!

I got to see Don and his band in 2014, just two weeks after taking a bunch of mid teen girls to Taylor Swift (that's the girl that Kayne made famous), what a huge difference. Except this one woman.....right in front of us.....screamin....yellin......I mean...like....really?

You two did the song and the duo justice, well done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic