Busking Alan Jackson - Remember When

wrsomers

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Alan Jackson is perhaps my favorite male country singer and this is probably my favorite song by him. I have been wanting to do this one for a long time; ever since my youngest daughter's wedding. It was played as the "Parents Dance". I cried through the whole dance while I sang it to my wife. I hope you enjoy it!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

wrsomers

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:12 pm

I forgot to add that this is a I, vi, IV, V progression in 3 different keys. G, C, A. I guess that makes it some kind of modal song, but don't ask me what kind (or maybe its just modulation). Maybe Neil can tell us.

Bill

crieniecat

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:40 pm

That was really, really nice! :cheer:

Thank you for the gorgeous guitar playing, singing, complementary musical setting, video quality, and last but not least...
to let us in on your story....
I can imagine this song is special to you :)

Thanks Bill
Corina.

daryl

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Beautifully done Bill. Beautiful song. Now you'll have to explain all the backing stuff. Where did you get it? Or are you a midi genius? Keep them coming!

wrsomers

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Daryl,
Thanks! I just stumbled upon a web site that is very good for backing tracks. Best I've seen so far. You can isolate and or modify any of the tracks, including pitch and tempo. You should have a look:

https://www.jamkazam.com

The first track is free as is their app. Then you can download upwards of 3,700 songs for $1.99 each.

I should have I Believe In You done tomorrow.

Corina
Thank you very much. This song does touch me...I'm just an old softie. I've cried at several weddings, not just my two daughters' (neighbor's daughters, neices etc :P

Bill

davidrfinn99165

Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:00 am

Thx Bill.... another enjoyable busking performance..and i'm delighted to see the hat becoming a fixture !!!

cheers/ david

TGNesh

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:42 am

Bill.....that was really heartwarming, endearing, touching and beautiful. Many thanks for giving us a peak of your inner self. That's really special.

Ness

michelew

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:52 am

That's a beautiful song Bill. I'd definitely have trouble singing it without getting all teary too.

Michele

wrsomers

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:35 am

David _ Thanks. The hat will be a fixture for country songs. I'll have to wear my sport cap when I do James Taylor songs (although I'm not trying to cover my bare pate like him :laugh: ).

Ness - Thank you. I'm like a hard roll...crusty on the outside, soft in the middle :laugh: :laugh:

Michele
- Thanks. Congratulations on your plans to attend IGC 2016. I'm very excited for you and everyone who'll be attending. I'm sure it will be a great party.

Bill

dekotaj

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:26 am

Great job.
BRAVO sir.
Country music cant go wrong.I to am a fan of Alan Jackson.Kinda funny I just started this song three days a go.
( I should have I Believe In You done tomorrow.) Don Williams tune and a good one.Look forward to it.The man has been voted male vocalist 5 times.Won it in 1978.
Thanks for sharing Bill
Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic