Busking Jonathan Edwards -Sometimes

wrsomers

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Michele- No I haven't worked in the film industry, but my video editing program has green screen capability. Also one of my sons in law is a graphics guy who does all kinds of innovative stuff with videos, so I have a go to person.

David-Thanks. The shirt and the screen colors were just an accident, I didn't plan it that way. The "wall" is actually a bed sheet hung on a back drop support. Kabuki? That would be wild. :laugh: :laugh:

Ness-Thanks. You make me so happy when you compliment my vocals. :) :)

Harry-Thanks. If you need any help on the song, let me know. Serendipity indeed.

Bill

heithoff

Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:23 pm

Very enjoyable! Good job on it. Certain songs we play (sing/perform) belong on our short list. "Wheel House" comes to mind listening to the video. As a long standing and established member of the "silver back" club (old male gorilla club), I can barely match my spats to my leisure suit and top hats...good job matching to your back ground. A mistake I would make in adding a "green screen" would be accidentally wearing a green shirt. Heads up...Don't wear a green shirt,,,(unless you do as good of a job on that as you did on this one)!!!

Dave :P

wrsomers

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Thanks Dave.
Yeah, I know about what colors to wear or not to wear when doing green screen.After I made this video I tried a green screen just for fun and ended up watching my head and hands dancing around the background picture. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Thanks for watching/listening.
Bill

sandysue

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:13 pm

really nice Bill. I enjoyed listening.

Sandy

wrsomers

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Thanks Sandy. We're finally going to meet at IGC.
Bill

trix606

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:30 am

Thanks again Bill.

I've just started with the basics and it seems similar to the Melissa progression without switching to the A chord progression. It will be a good addition to the campfire set this summer, I just have to play around with the capo and my voice.

Your vocals were smooth on this, great stuff!

Harry

crieniecat

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Another nice one Bill. :)
Thanks. Cleanly played and well sung as always!

Corina.

wrsomers

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Thank you Harry and Corina. Harry I'm glad you'll be able to do this song.

Bill

wrsomers

Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:19 am

Pardon me for resurrecting an old busking tune of mine, but I just had to share this:

I went to see Jonathan Edwards ("Sunshine") last night at Infinity Music Hall in Norfolk, CT. The show was just fabulous. Jonathan was, and still is, very popular on the east coast, especially in New England. He performed with his pianist, Tom Snow, and made his audience of mostly old hippies very happy. He is 70 years young and his voice is just as pure now as it was in the very early 1970's. I and most of the audience voluntarily had their smart phones turned off, so I didn't get any video. However, here is a professional recording of "Sometimes" I found on YouTube.

As Jonathan said last night, music of that era is still some of the best popular music ever...IMO "right on".

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:27 am

Beautiful song, played wonderfully Bill! How did I miss it first time around?! So good you came back to this thread. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic