Getting to grips with using backing tracks and recording.... Nights

crieniecat

Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Aaaaw, Thanks Chris!
Just so you know, we'd never let you leave the band anyway hehehehe... :laugh:
...You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave... B)

Ness, I agree, about the groupie thingy, you are so right ;) Just don't tell him that out loud... sssst....
we don't want him to become all vain and behave like a rockstar won't we :P

TGVanessa wrote:
Gosh....that's some evaluation! :blink: :cheer: :laugh: B) :silly:

Edit: I mean, thank you of course!! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime wrote:

How can I leave the band, I can't do what you guys can do: sing perfectly and like an Angel, hear all the details and reproduce them, play guitar like a rock hero and musically de-construct and re-construct any song and play with complete calm and routine at the drop of a hat.... and then be able to perfect it all with much repetition. And smile at the same time! I really have to work on my performance faces!! :-)

BobR

Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi Chris,

Just back from a vacation and just got to see this. Very cool with the backing track and you did a great job. Nice transition to color at the end too :) :)

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:43 am

Thanks or tuning in Bob! Hope vacation was good!

dekotaj

Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:58 am

Hey my brother sounding really good.BRAVO!!

Sounds like a lot of good music coming our why?? Quite a list of songs your working on.
I would say, what a great song to start us out on. The vocals are great as always.Like the black and white to color turnaround at the end. Has that wizard of OZ feel to it. Of course they went b&w to color, back to b&w.I was starting to get hypnotized by the fret board with the light shining through and making it look like the frets were going the wrong way on the fret board. And moving all around.
Thanks for sharing. look forward to some more videos my friend.
Kev
PS what dose the CC stand for when you were saying ccNess??

michelew

Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:56 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I hope this is not too repetitious, if so just skip the thread!

I've spent the week at home on holiday (that means, there is no work as the kids I teach are off!) working on songs, getting comfortable being plugged in with my Godin and hammering away on riffs and rocking out (lucky the neighbour is away) through all hours. Monster fun!
And I may be progressing and actually learning. Working on Story in Your Eyes, Voices in The Sky, Nowhere Man, Angels (Robbie Williams), All Right (Toad the Wet Sprocket), The Air That I Breath and revisited Question and played along with Neil for the umteenth time and there is still one early chord change that foxes me! I am painfully slowly getting the speed up on the double strumming with a pick but I am progressing so that is great! I was wondering which bit of all the things I am working on I should video, just to connect to everyone again, and it chose itself as I started to obsess on Nights in White Satin which CCNess did a few weeks back and it was sooooo cool to sing this live with the girls.... but what when they are not around? So I found a fabulous backing track and used that to see if I'd be able to play along and sing along on a stage or at a party if ever the opportunity arouse without the girls being there. Just love using backing tracks! Still finding the right way to add the acoustic guitar without it over-droning or disappearing, hmmmm....

Soundcloud sited copyright when I tried to upload there, hope YT are kind to me...

Sorry to be so late to the party Chris.

This sounds great. Your voice is perfect for this and you sing it wonderfully.

I think I was hearing your playing. I'm just not sure because it was so soft. That's one of the problems with backing tracks, if you use most of the individual tracks that make up the backing track, it can be hard for the listener to hear what you're playing verses the backing artists. Personally, I find they're best for percussion, drums and elements that are obviously not in your baileywick if you will.

This sounded good but I'd love to hear your playing come through more. That's what I'm most interested in.

I always love hearing your vocals Chris. Fabulous.

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanks for tuning in Shel! I could crank up my guitar for sure but I thought it better to keep it back.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic