Busking James Taylor - Somthing In The Way She Moves

crieniecat

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi Bill,

Really nice one again, applause!
But ..... why indeed so serious? Yes, give us a smile every now and then, it brightens up the whole video if you do, I'm sure :laugh:

Nothing more I could add, except, I don't know this song, yet the lyrics are fabulous. What a treat it must be to be the Muse of the writer who created an excellent piece of poetry like this :)

Cheers
Corina.

willem

Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:35 am

familyman4 wrote:
Hello Bill.

You played this song so well! Your finger picking sounded fantastic and really mirrored the original song by J.T.

If I may, without sounding too critical, speak about the vocals for a minute. I love your voice! You tone is consistent every time. However, if I was going to say anything that could possibly help make this song even better, it would be to bring the "smoothness" or "flow"to the vocals of this song as well. It was choppy sounding during many phrases. Please don't get me wrong. I loved it and it is much better than I could ever do. Just my two cents worth that could bring this song from "wonderful" to "over the top."

Thank you Bill. Another great post for us to enjoy and if your CD (or DVD) will be for sale someday, put me down for one....

Bart
after your comment a bout the vocals (possitive) I thought did I miss something by the first listen, so I listen again, I realy don't hear the choppy things, I find it very smooth, lines singin on one breathe, good combining of the words, well I found it very smooth.

Willem

wrsomers

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:56 am

Dean- Thanks, I appreciate your comments about the finger picking because I think you're a mighty good picker yourself. Not an easy song to learn.

Bob- Thank you, yeah, JT is the man! :)

David- Actually I wasn't exaggerating about the number of takes. This song took me longer to learn than many of the others. Thank you for your comments.

Willem- JT has always been my favorite singer/songwriter; ...expert? I don't know about that! About the green screen; I've learned that lighting is the most important part...I'm not sure I want to make the investment in the lights I would need to make a flawless GS video.

Harry- It's nice to know someone who appreciates the music of the late 60's early 70's (especially 1971 a magic year for singer/songwriters). What other favorites from that era do you have?

Bart- Thanks for your comments. If I ever do have a DVD or CD it will be free to any of my friends here at TG. I appreciate the constructive criticism. Would you tell me which phrases you thought were choppy?

Chris- Thanks! Dancing ladies :laugh: :laugh: don't think I'd get away with that one. My favorite take is #7 ;) :P

Corina- Thanks for your applause! It's easy to smile at people, not so easy to smile at a camera but I'll try harder :) James Taylor told Rolling Stone Magazine that his muse for this song was a former girlfriend. He said he was singing about how nice it is to be with someone who knows you so well that she can make you "feel fine" just by being with you. This song connected with me when I met my wife 45 years ago. :) Like I said to Harry, 1971 was a magic year.

Willem- Thanks for the re-listen. I'm curious about which phrases Bart found choppy because I certainly would like to improve wherever possible.

Bill

familyman4

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Bill,
I sent you a PM. Thanks for posting and keep them coming.

Always love your posts!
Bart

TGNesh

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Beautifully done Bill! I can imagine it wasn't so easy, enough happening in there. You did fantastic though and you sound as gorgeous as you always do!

So after all those takes you were out of smiles????!!!! Now how is that possible?! :laugh:

Just teasing you Bill :P , I think most of us, unfortunately, know very well what you mean. :S :)

Also, great job on the green screen!

Ness

wrsomers

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:27 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
Beautifully done Bill! I can imagine it wasn't so easy, enough happening in there. You did fantastic though and you sound as gorgeous as you always do!

So after all those takes you were out of smiles????!!!! Now how is that possible?! :laugh:

Just teasing you Bill :P , I think most of us, unfortunately, know very well what you mean. :S :)

Also, great job on the green screen!

Ness
Thanks Ness,
You know I always appreciate your comments and your teasing :) :) . Bart gave me some great advice in his PM relative to sustain and I am grateful for that. As far as the green screen, rest assured, despite Chris' suggestion, there will be no dancers behind me :ohmy: :laugh:
Bill

buddy

Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:56 am

Hi Bill, This is on of my favorite JT songs and I really like your rendition. Smooth and relaxed ! The green screen is a very nice effect as well. Bud

wrsomers

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:12 pm

buddy wrote:
Hi Bill, This is on of my favorite JT songs and I really like your rendition. Smooth and relaxed ! The green screen is a very nice effect as well. Bud
Thanks Bud, I'm glad you liked it.

Bill

sandysue

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Very nice Bill, you are sounding very James Taylor-ish, and he is one of my favorite musicians. :) You sound great again. I love your posts. :)

Sandy

wrsomers

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:40 pm

sandysue wrote:
Very nice Bill, you are sounding very James Taylor-ish, and he is one of my favorite musicians. :) You sound great again. I love your posts. :)

Sandy
Thanks Sandy,
You are so kind :)
Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic