Busking James Taylor - Somthing In The Way She Moves

wrsomers

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:42 pm

This is my first attempt at a green screen video. There is a lot more to it than I realized; but I'm happy with my first try. I hope you enjoy the song. I know I should have tried to smile at little more but by the time I got to the 30th take, I was out of them. :laugh:
Bill

michelew

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Bill,

Raising the bar for videos again. You know at some point we're all going to have to get retro and low tech. :) :)

I dont know this song, but you sound really good. You'll have to tell me the secret to getting such clarity in the vocals and the guitar. Beautiful effects too.

Nice one.

M

wrsomers

Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks Michele,
Retro and low tech for me would be singing on a park bench. Not such a bad gig. :) Used to do it sometimes many, many years ago.

I don't know what to tell you about my recording technique. It's a combination of things. Good room for acoustics, condenser mic placed well, good sounding guitar with quality strings, tons of practice, a little knowledge about FX in my DAW, and of course my million dollar voice ( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ) I know what I need to work on more is better dynamics (crescendo, decrescendo, pianissimo, fortissimo, etc).

If you have specific questions about recording, please PM me and I'll be happy to give you what limited knowledge I have.

Bill

dtaylor

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:07 pm

That's my favourite of your uploads Bill, I really respect your ability to play complicated finger-picking/strumming and yet keep the relaxed vocals the main focus of the performance. It makes me want to re-learn this and get it to a point where I can sing it, I bet it wasn't easy.

BobR

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi Bill,

Very nicely done. You can't go wrong with James Taylor :) :)

Bob

davidrfinn99165

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 am

Excellent Bill...another very accomplished performance :)

I'm not surprised it took 30 takes haha.. i'm assuming there's a slight exaggeration in there, but I've always found this song a little hard to get to grips with... there's so much movement in the lyrics and the progression .

You showed how it should be handled !

willem

Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:27 am

Slowy you get your DVD ready,, you're the JT expert and if we wait you gonna be the green screen expert too.

really like it

greetings

Willem

trix606

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:29 am

Wow, another great job Bill!

With Sometimes and this song, you have managed to cover two of my all time favorite acoustic guitar songs.

Thanks,

Harry

familyman4

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Hello Bill.

You played this song so well! Your finger picking sounded fantastic and really mirrored the original song by J.T.

If I may, without sounding too critical, speak about the vocals for a minute. I love your voice! You tone is consistent every time. However, if I was going to say anything that could possibly help make this song even better, it would be to bring the "smoothness" or "flow"to the vocals of this song as well. It was choppy sounding during many phrases. Please don't get me wrong. I loved it and it is much better than I could ever do. Just my two cents worth that could bring this song from "wonderful" to "over the top."

Thank you Bill. Another great post for us to enjoy and if your CD (or DVD) will be for sale someday, put me down for one....

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Very nice Bill! The voice, playing, recording and green screen are just great! Don't you just hate take 30! 23 is usually my favourite. :-)
Seeing as that's a green screen (saw you had it lined up last video), couldn't we have some bare, naked, dancing ladies? :woohoo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic