Busking Neil Young - Long May You Run

wrsomers

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Here's Neil Young's tribute to his 1948 Buick Road Master Hearse. The backing track includes only drums and organ. The rest of the instrumentals are mine; 1977 modified Martin D28 with Martin Retro Light strings, and Db Hohner Marine Band Harmonica. Guitar is tuned down one 1/2 step. The audio track was pre-recorded. Not something I will do again. It is extremely difficult to sync the video and audio and there is, IMO, no benefit to doing it. I just tried it as an experiment. I hope you enjoy this presentation.

willem

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:31 pm

WOW Bill, that was a hell of editing but still a WOW

it is one of my favo NY songs but never tryed it, now I must.

your dvd is growing.

thx, you have to much fun,, maybe on IGC with backing vocals!!?

Willem

edit: I love this song only 'cos that special chord, it gives me "kippevel""

dtaylor

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:42 pm

This is one of my favourite Neil Young songs, you sounded superb and the harmonica really completes the picture. I wish I could do that as well as you.

BobR

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi Bill,

That was great. One of my favorites of Neil Young too. I've been playing it but without the harmonica, which really adds to it as Dean points out. Did you figure out the Harp part or have tab?

thanks for the look.

Bob

buddy

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi Bill, This is my favorite of yours so far. Really great job on all aspects. Really suits your voice and style of playing and singing. Bud

michelew

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:47 pm

WOW! Fantastic job all around Bill.

This sounds great. Heaps of work in there.

I love the harmonica. Perfect for Neil's stuff. Your voice sounds great just right for his stuff too. You bring the right mood to it.

Awesome!

M

wrsomers

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Willem-Thank you. IGC with all those other voices and guitars...should be great fun. That special chord gives me goosebumps too. :)

Dean- Thank you. You should get a harp and try it. It's a lot of fun and not hard to do fair sounding elementary stuff.

Bob- Thanks. No tab, I just figured it out. Just draw and blow depending on which chord you're playing.

Bud- Thanks much! I had fun doing it (except for trying to lip sync the video :( )

Bill

wrsomers

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:38 pm

michelew wrote:
WOW! Fantastic job all around Bill.

This sounds great. Heaps of work in there.

I love the harmonica. Perfect for Neil's stuff. Your voice sounds great just right for his stuff too. You bring the right mood to it.

Awesome!

M
Thanks Shel!

You must have been writing to me while I was replying to the others.

I guess I have a soft spot for old cars if you can hear the mood involved in singing about a "chrome heart" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bill

davidrfinn99165

Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:08 am

Welll done Bill, great sound on that one - you're on a roll.

It sounds like Graham Nash at least may be looking for new partners soon, you're rapidly becoming a leading candidate .

/ david

wrsomers

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:32 am

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Welll done Bill, great sound on that one - you're on a roll.

It sounds like Graham Nash at least may be looking for new partners soon, you're rapidly becoming a leading candidate .

/ david
Thanks David! If the likes of the Beatles and CSNY can't get along, I don't think I want to go looking for partners. The band I have never gives me any trouble and I don't have to split the profits :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . Thanks for listening.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic