Busking PERSONAL JESUS

buddy

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Here is a rendition of Personal Jesus in the style of Johnny Cash. I love the riff that runs through this song. Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Your set up, sound and guitar and voice and video picture are all adding to the songs you play Buddy making it always interesting listening.
Interesting song too, right in your range.

wrsomers

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:16 pm

Good one Buddy. I too like the riff. I also like the tone you're getting out of the guitar. Did you do something with your amp or DI to get that sound?

Bill

dekotaj

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 am

Bravo Buddy.

See you took the advice from your following from you last post. She was right. I like the slight turn to show off the guitar work that you are doing.

Enjoy watching. Keep bring them on.
Kev

crieniecat

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:53 am

Hi Bud,

Now this was very enjoyable to watch. All looked very slick, in fact, a perfect picture view :)
And yes I liked the riff as well. I can easily imagine why you picked this one to sing. It really suits your voice.

Very nice,
Corina.

buddy

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:34 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Your set up, sound and guitar and voice and video picture are all adding to the songs you play Buddy making it always interesting listening.
Interesting song too, right in your range.
Hi Chris, Always good to hear from you. I appreciate the feedback and thanks for listening.

Bud

buddy

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:38 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Good one Buddy. I too like the riff. I also like the tone you're getting out of the guitar. Did you do something with your amp or DI to get that sound?

Bill
Hi Bill, Nice to hear from you. I did a little work on the onboard EQ system to bring out the low end of the guitar. I am truly amazed at the sound of the Gibson Songwriter. For me, it provides the perfect balance between a Taylor guitar and a Martin. It has the brightness and sustain of the Taylor but also has the lowend woody sound of the Martin. The onboard sound system is great for performing as it provides a full range of EQ options and power curve options as well.

Bud

buddy

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:50 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Bravo Buddy.

See you took the advice from your following from you last post. She was right. I like the slight turn to show off the guitar work that you are doing.

Enjoy watching. Keep bring them on.
Kev
Hi Kev, Good to hear from you. Yes I agree, Corinna's suggestion was a very good one.

Bud

buddy

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:52 pm

crieniecat wrote:
Hi Bud,

Now this was very enjoyable to watch. All looked very slick, in fact, a perfect picture view :)
And yes I liked the riff as well. I can easily imagine why you picked this one to sing. It really suits your voice.

Very nice,
Corina.
Hi Corina, Always a pleasure to hear from you. As you can see, I took your suggestion to heart so thanks for the good constructive feedback. That is one of the many things I like about TG, it is as place where we can learn and grow from one another.

Bud

BobR

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi Buddy,

You always come up with some interesting tunes. The sound was set up really nice and comes thru very well.

Nice job

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic