Busking A New Camera! (Classical Gas)

kelemenj

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:46 pm

Hello,
I recently picked up a ZOOM Q8 Camcorder. The selling point was its high quality audio. It has 2 onboard mics, and 2 full size XLR inputs. I miked the guitar, ran the Taylor though an amp and miked that as well. Probably not necessary but what the hell. The picture quality seems pretty good as well. I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten sound from a video that they shot and was able to run it through a DAW. It seems like it should be possible. I am just not really a tech head.

I had to upload the video to You Tube and paste the link because the file was over 300 megs. Maybe all the audio, who knows.

The actual performance turned out OK. It could have been better in some places. (I was pretty deep into a 12 pack).

Anyway, if anyone has any tips about getting good audio on your videos, I would love to hear them.

Cheers,
John

Craig

Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:30 pm

John,

I'm not a technical recording guy but I'm sure you'll get a lot of good advice and knowledge from those that are.

It sounded great to me and the video quality is good. Well played by you and I love that Taylor.

Nice work!

Craig

BobR

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:33 am

Hi John,

I don't have any audio tips, I just wanted to say that it sounded terrific. A twelve pack you say? :P Very nicely done. :) :)

bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic