Busking Gordon Lightfoot - Early Morning Rain

wrsomers

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:35 am

NKenny wrote:
Very nice Bill. always enjoy your playing and heartfelt singing. Just wondering what model Martin that is and what strings you use? I think I have the same one.

Kenny
Hi Kenny,
It's a 1977 D28 that has been modified by a luthier to correct all the problems of the 70''s Martins. If you want to learn about how that's done visit bryankimsey.com. I use Martin Retro light gauge. They're relatively new to the Martin string lineup. I love them on this guitar. I've tried them on my Taylor GS Mini Mahogany and they didn't sound that good.

Bill

BobR

Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi Bill,
As I read your response to Stuart I realized we had not discussed your recording setup. Now I know ;)
BTW Thanks for the sharing the ride to and from camp, and your kind words. I really enjoyed your company

sws626

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:10 am

Thanks, Bill. I have a couple of Rode large condenser mics that I have shockmounted and run through Sonar. I initially got them to work on some mid-side stereo recording techniques. But it's been a while since I was motivated to go through that whole workflow. Thanks for sharing.

pfiske

Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Bill,
It does! I would love to do this with you at IGC 2017 if you're going. Regardless, I will take a serious look at Peter's part. It is hard to hear what he is doing and even harder to see.
Thanks,
Paulette

pfiske

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Bill,
I'm just not getting the picking pattern for PPM's Early Morning Rain. Would you provide me with at least what you are doing for the G Chord? And is your guitar tuned down a 1/2 step because you're capoed up at the 4th fret but sounds like the 3rd fret? Thanks,
Paulette

wrsomers

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:04 pm

pfiske wrote:
Bill,
I'm just not getting the picking pattern for PPM's Early Morning Rain. Would you provide me with at least what you are doing for the G Chord? And is your guitar tuned down a 1/2 step because you're capoed up at the 4th fret but sounds like the 3rd fret? Thanks,
Paulette
Hi Paulette,
I will certainly help you with that. Stay tuned, right now I'm up to my eyeballs with new stuff to learn but I will get back to you. Yes, I do tune down 1/2 step.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic