Collaboration: Easy Smile - The Time Zone Zombies

crieniecat

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Yes we missed you!!

And what a great song to start the new album of with!
Nice lyrics as always and oh man! I went back in time listening to this, and it reminded me of when I used to dance to music like this, mmm, mmm, mmm...

Shel, beautiful smile ;)

David, you bring out the best in your fellow Zombie, as she does with you.
Together, you're a great team.

Your fan,
Corina :kiss:

buddy

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Yes, I did miss you and your fun collabs. I am really enjoying this creative spurt and how you are expressing so much of yourselves in these songs.

Bud

auntlynnie

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:55 pm

Oh, well done, you two!
I really enjoyed this, and also loved the bossa nova rhythm. I think it adds a lot to the song, and a kind of retro feel that goes with the story of the song. Was that particular rhythm part of the plan from the start? I'm just curious.
Great work!
Lynn

davidrfinn99165

Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Thx so much...

Lynn - yep, we had talked about doing a bossa track so the rhythm idea was actually the foundation of the song from the start.. it just needed writing and recording then haha. I'm not sure i had complete control of the rhythm guitar part throughout, but sometimes you have to go with the best you can do.

Buddy - your comments are appreciated.. you and Bill have been raising the bar on the busking channel these last few months...

Corina - our first fan of course...thx as always ...the Zombies and the Dutchies will get to sing a song together this year I am sure....

/ david.

BobR

Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Michele / David,

Glad you're back. That was really well done all around. :)

Bob

michelew

Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:24 pm

Thanks everyone for all the sweet comments. It's good to be back and sharing our project with such a supportive group of friends.

Willem - whistling IS a good sign. Were your hips wiggling too? :) thanks!

Kev - yep! You guessed it, we were having fun. But then we normally do. Actually sometimes around the 3/4 mark we think "...this isn't quite right... Something's not working." Or "it's not turning out as we wanted it to..." But we generally find a way to resolve it. Sometimes we need to throw something out of the boat because it's taking up too much space and sinking us or something. Sometimes less really is more. But it's all part of this crazy process.

Chris - thanks! It looks like you've been having lots of fun in the creative space lately too. Glad you like it.

Corina - hey you! Our number one die-hard fan. :) it's always great hearing your enthusiasm. I love it. Good to hear the bossa beat brought back fun memories. :) and you're absolutely right about David bringing out the best in me. He gives me the confidence to try new things. He makes me feel like I can succeed even when I start out doubting myself. He's such a sweet and talented man and cracks me up a lot. :) he's a a true treasure.

Buddy - it's definitely nice to be missed and to hear that you're still enjoying the crazy journey that you're taking with us as we go down the creative rabbit hole. :) thanks for the support.

Lynn - thanks! Yep the bossa groove was the target feeling right from the beginning. I really enjoyed making up a bass line for this one. I could feel it in my whole body, not that you can tell in the bass video. Haha! Oops! :)

Bob - thanks! It's nice to hear that people are still enjoying our offerings.

Thank again everyone.

Shel

daryl

Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:47 am

What's remarkable to me is the fantastic production quality of the sound. The drum beat, bass, flute, and rhythm guitar were all there in such an easy laid back manner played with ease and confidence. Excellent job.

michelew

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Daryl,

That is all so wonderful to hear from you. High praise indeed from the man who's SO proficient at so many thing. Thank you sweet man.

Michel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic