CCNess get's together, this time in Holland

michelew

Fri May 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Look at those smiles! :) great photo. It sounds like you had. Fab time.

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 07, 2016 7:28 am

This is Vanessa on stage with Dave....and Dave getting a lesson in Dutch.

cosmicmechanic

Sat May 07, 2016 9:41 am

Beautiful.
This is surely a great "shivers down your spine" time.
At the very least, a fine story to tell ...

TGNesh

Sat May 07, 2016 12:31 pm

A note from Chris:

Hi Guys, sitting here in TG Studio Europa with CCNess and there is something cooking for Vanessa's next lesson.
Its a great pleasure and privilege to be singing harmonies for Ness with Corina here in sunny Holland.
There are two songs in the making, this is a still shot from the first one.... can you guess the song, no hints, yet!

willem

Sat May 07, 2016 1:15 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
A note from Chris:

Hi Guys, sitting here in TG Studio Europa with CCNess and there is something cooking for Vanessa's next lesson.
Its a great pleasure and privilege to be singing harmonies for Ness with Corina here in sunny Holland.
There are two songs in the making, this is a still shot from the first one.... can you guess the song, no hints, yet!

something from 10 CC..

B)

W.

michelew

Sat May 07, 2016 5:37 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
A note from Chris:

WOW! What a great photo of CCNess. You all look gorgeous. You need to put that one somewhere in the album art. :) Which song indeed? ;)

And the video with Dave and Ness was great to see. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Xxx

Shel

daryl

Sat May 07, 2016 5:44 pm

TGVanessa wrote:
A note from Chris:

Capo on the 1st fret (that must be a hint). Three part harmonies. Hmmm. Perhaps a CSN or CSNY song?

fjeanmur

Sun May 08, 2016 6:42 am

I echo everyone's sentiments. Great picture! It looks like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to the video.

Edit: Great video! Suddenly the video and photos appeared on my iPad.

thereshopeyet

Sun May 08, 2016 7:22 am

Fantastic video

Dave sounds very like Dougie McLean in The Painter song.

You guys look a bit under the weather :dry: in the photos though.
We don't get any sun here !
Ban these images.

Dermot

:laugh: :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 09, 2016 12:42 pm

Without giving it away entirely, one of you did get the group right, well done! You will see which song it was very soon.

Not only did we go see Dave Nachmanoff in concert, we worked on some play-throughs for 2 of Ness' upcoming lessons. Both are beauties :-). This is an out-take of Take 2 on song 2 we were working on. You can hear the final chord, maybe its enough to help you guess what song (this is now, guess song 2).? Maybe not. Anyway, I am talking in the clip about the process we went through to get the play-through right. Vanessa and Corina have been singing together for years, so I am new to the fold and it was taking me more time to get up to speed and anchor my parts. Vanessa did a fantastic job of coaching us on exactly what to sing where and how, she was very patient and gently demanding and knew exactly what she wanted from Corina and I. Corina was able to sing anything once she knew what. I was struggling to hear the harmony note and find it cold and there were many stumbling blocks and some tricky phrasing of the lyrics but I was able to rely on Corina to sing my part and I was able to copy her well enough. So, after a while, we just needed to anchor the parts, which the girls did instantly.... and I was taking my time to get there! So Vanessa cooked a fabulous dinner, Corina relaxed and I tried to anchor my vocals. We still had not managed anything near a clean run through without about a dozen errors (not all from me, eh Corina? :-)). But Ness said she'd set the camera up and we'd go for a play-through anyway.... and bingo we nailed it first take! We were pretty stunned but the play back confirmed, we definitely nailed it, well except for the normally faultless Ness who was so surprised we got to the end without error, she didn't know how to end the song! Priceless! You will see it when the lesson is released (not the next lesson but the one after).... and its a cracker so you can look forward to it :-). We did a second take for safety and because we had so much fun doing the first. The clip below is the end of that take.

So we have the group Name, CCNess, now we have the moto: NAILED !T

CCNess Studio shot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic