Busking Soulshine

buddy

Fri May 13, 2016 12:50 pm

Here is a rendition of Soulshine on the acoustic guitar. I was inspired to learn this song after watching my daughter recently dance on stage. She is a professional dancer in Los Angeles and when she dances she comes alive and her beautiful soul shines through. The opening picture in the video is a shot of her in a recent performance. She is the dancer that is being lifted in the air.

Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

crieniecat

Fri May 13, 2016 1:08 pm

" Life can take the strongest mind and make it feel all alone...."
Wow, love the lyrics, what a nice song.

Thank you for sharing what made you share this song with all of us.
Yes, got to let your soul shine through, and that is something we need to teach ourselves and our children, instead of hiding or thinking we or they are not good enough by (for example) seeing all the commercials and the fake life they represent....

You were inspired and got me inspired as well. Well done, and great clip.
Special and very nice to see such a proud father! :)

Corina :)

wrsomers

Fri May 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Nice one Bud. I liked the acapella section; it added a lot of drama to the song.

Bill

BobR

Fri May 13, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi Buddy,

Very well done. . I enjoyed that very much. I agree with Bill, the acapella adds to the song.

Bob

davidrfinn99165

Sat May 14, 2016 3:02 am

Great performance Buddy...you really cut loose on that one. I like the way you closed out the song; as the guys say, from the acapella section to the end you took it to another level.

Thx for sharing.

jayswett

Sat May 14, 2016 7:19 am

Great performance, Buddy. Loved it.

buddy

Sat May 14, 2016 11:02 am

crieniecat wrote:
" Life can take the strongest mind and make it feel all alone...."
Wow, love the lyrics, what a nice song.

Thank you for sharing what made you share this song with all of us.
Yes, got to let your soul shine through, and that is something we need to teach ourselves and our children, instead of hiding or thinking we or they are not good enough by (for example) seeing all the commercials and the fake life they represent....

You were inspired and got me inspired as well. Well done, and great clip.
Special and very nice to see such a proud father! :)

Corina :)
Corina, Glad I could add a little to your inspiration for the day. I also agree that learning to be our genuine selves is critical to finding joy in life.

Bud

buddy

Sat May 14, 2016 11:04 am

wrsomers wrote:
Nice one Bud. I liked the acapella section; it added a lot of drama to the song.

Bill
Hi Bill, Glad you enjoyed this rendition and thanks for the feedback on the acapella section as well.

Bud

buddy

Sat May 14, 2016 11:05 am

BobR wrote:
Hi Buddy,

Very well done. . I enjoyed that very much. I agree with Bill, the acapella adds to the song.

Bob
Hi Bob, Hope you and yours are doing well. Thanks for the listen and the comment !

Bud

tombo1230

Sat May 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi Buddy,
I thought that was terrific for all the reasons that have been previously mentioned by the other posters.

It kinda struck me as I listened through and I might be wrong about this, but as I know you have a good vocal range,
I thought that maybe if the early part of the song started in a lower register and built up, heading towards the accapela
section, which was great by the way, it would have created a bit more of a journey for the singing part. The guitar playing and singing was as always brilliant
from you and I thought you really created an intimate setting visually. I know you work hard at getting everything just so. So feel free to
discard what I have said as I enjoyed it all anyway, but it was what I thought would give you a few percent more in terms of the overall performance.

All the best,

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic