Busking Cat Stevens - Father and Son

wrsomers

Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:09 am

michelew wrote:
Very nice Bill.

(ignore previous dig, too tired to read properly) :)
Michele,
I don't know what you mean.
Bill

familyman4

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:44 pm

Very nice Bill! I remember the first post and thought you did a fine job on that one too. I must agree that the scenery is a really nice touch as well.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Very nice Bill! Nice patio you have there and I liked the zoom. Really nice clean sound too.

Did you ever try using Bm instead of D (after the G) when you sing the son's part. Will sound good! See Neil's lesson if its not clear what I mean.
Cheis

fjeanmur

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi Bill--

I loved the post. The patio background is wonderful as well. Wallingford? I looked it up on Google maps and in TG terms, we're practically neighbors! A great job once again and I'm looking foward to meeting you next month at the IGC.

wrsomers

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Bart - Thank you. I very much enjoy sitting out there at this time of the year.

Chris-Thank you. I have played it with the Bm in the son's part as well. I didn't learn it that way initially, so sometimes I do it the way I've always done it. The Bm does make a nice change.

Jean- Nice to hear from you. If I remember correctly, you're from New Jersey. Yes we are neighbors. Thanks for your comments. I'm looking forward to meeting you in August too.

Bill

michelew

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:02 pm

wrsomers wrote:
michelew wrote:
Very nice Bill.

(ignore previous dig, too tired to read properly) :)
Michele,
I don't know what you mean.
Bill

Before I edited my post for this thread, I said it was sweet of you to use your timemachine to bring us your performance from the future. Of course I missed that you would be performing, not that you did. I really should resist being a smart-arse when it's 2am and my brain is already half asleep. The lack of tomatoes and other people should have been a clue right? :)

Sorry for the confusion, and for trying to be a smart-arse. I assumed of course that you had subscribed to your post and would have read my full comment even though I edited it straight away, when my brain went "warning, warning, read it again idiot!"

Good luck for the actual event. I'm sure you'll be a hit. Enjoy some tomatoes for me.

M

wrsomers

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi Michele,
No problem with the attempt at wit. I know it's hard to be sharp at 2 AM :laugh: IGC will be good practice for me in preparing for the Tomato Festival. How have you been? Have you learned any new songs? I'm working on several and hope to have them ready for August.

Bill

davidrfinn99165

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Hey Bill - sounds good, will you be wearing your Tomato costume at camp?? :woohoo: :woohoo:

michelew

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:39 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Hi Michele,
No problem with the attempt at wit. I know it's hard to be sharp at 2 AM :laugh: IGC will be good practice for me in preparing for the Tomato Festival. How have you been? Have you learned any new songs? I'm working on several and hope to have them ready for August.

Bill
I imagine it is.

I've started a few new ones. Will they be ready for camp?... Hmmmmm...

I'm mostly relearning and refreshing previous ones I've learned and preparing a few for the open mics. Given how nervous I'll be, I'm working on more straight forward ones.

I'm looking forward to hearing your songs in person Bill.

Tomato costume :D

BobR

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi Bill,

Great job on a really cool tune and nice patio too :) . See you soon.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic