Collaboration: Traces (cover) - Classics IV by The Time Zone Zombies

fjeanmur

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:57 pm

David and Michele--

Another TZZ! Where do you two find the time? It's amazing how well you both work together. As we were preparing dinner this evening, we listened to the original and we heard an oboe. if I had known, my daughter could have added a track for you! Oh well, maybe next time.

I'm looking forward to seeing you both at the IGC!

BobR

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:01 pm

David /Michele,

Really well done all around. :) :) Will we hear it at IGC?

Thanks for sharing

Bob

michelew

Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:18 am

Thanks everyone for all of your generous and uplifting responses. It's sure been putting a smile on my face.

Bill - WOW! :blush: :blush: :) That's all wonderful to hear, especially given the videos you post. I'm glad we were able to take you on a journey. I hope it brought back good memories. Playing at camp; well as David said it depends whether we still remember it and the flute melodies are pretty important, so we'll need a volunteer. Do you play the flute? Still playing the trumpet?

Daryl - thanks! Well if we all had a living wage already I'd sure be able to spend more time doing creative stuff. In the meantime I've got bills and a mortgage to pay. :)

Sandy - thanks it is a cool song.

Bart - thanks. Headphones are a must.

Craig - thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. It's always nice to hear from you.

Willem - dissonance, yeh, a couple. I found the harmonies for the choruses tricky. I decided to leave the dissonance in because it increased the tension (which was soon resolved) and matched the lyrics at that point.

Ness - Smiling here for sure. That's so good to hear, especially from you. :kiss: . The flute replicates a number of melodies in the original; flute, xylophone, clarinet, strings. It was fun playing them and it seems the flute is now part of the TZZ sound. So when something's working you stick with it right. :)

David - another fun project. :) yep you can have the pizza, but we should definitely share the kudos.

Jean - oboes sound great, if a future project calls for an oboe I'll let you know. Looking forward to meeting you too. :) Thanks.

Bob - thanks! And you never know. :)

Thanks again everyone. It sure is fun sharing our projects with you all.

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:59 am

Very nice again guys! I really liked the guitar playing on this one David and Shel is just mastering all she touches. Of course, I'm not going to be entirely happy until we have Shel doing all this bass playing, singing, keyboarding, mixing, videoing while riding a uni-cycle balancing David on one hand and playing a fiddle! Maybe try that at camp :woohoo:

davidrfinn99165

Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:18 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Very nice again guys! I really liked the guitar playing on this one David and Shel is just mastering all she touches. Of course, I'm not going to be entirely happy until we have Shel doing all this bass playing, singing, keyboarding, mixing, videoing while riding a uni-cycle balancing David on one hand and playing a fiddle! Maybe try that at camp :woohoo:
Thx so much Chris..... haha did someone leak our camp rehearsal tape ??? I keep asking Shel how the trapeze lessons are going so we'll have to see if that part of the act will be ready in time... :woohoo:

michelew

Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:10 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Hilarious! :woohoo: :laugh: :silly:

Thanks sweet man. Giggling :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Michelle and David :dry: ;)

Classic !!!

Say Michelle that Bass looks like a weapon in your hands !!
Awesome !!

:laugh: :laugh:

michelew

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:54 am

Thanks Dermot! David and I had fun. :)

So... Does that make me a bass wielding kick-ass chick. :P B) :lol:

thereshopeyet

Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Michelle Wrote:
So... Does that make me a bass wielding kick-ass chick.
No Michelle !

A bass wielding kick-ass chick not to be messed with !!!

Click Image To Enlarge:

TGNesh

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:38 pm

So Dermot, you do know that David isn't Bill right?! :ohmy: :laugh: And that Michelle is Michele... ;)

thereshopeyet wrote:
Michelle and Bill

Classic !!!

Say Michelle that Bass looks like a weapon in your hands !!
Awesome !!

:laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic