Collaboration: Traces (cover) - Classics IV by The Time Zone Zombies

michelew

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:44 am

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since David and I posted something. Work has definitely been getting in the way of our fun.

This is our first cover together, Traces by Classics IV. Neil recently released a lesson on it. Neither Dvid nor I had heard the song before. It's very cool, so here we are with our Time Zone Zombie version.

Thanks for the lesson Neil. It's been a fun one to do.

We hope you like it.

Michele

wrsomers

Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:50 am

Brava/Bravo!!! What a great cover, especially for two people that never heard the song previously. Instrumentals were perfect; I loved the flute, bass, guitar and muted drums. The vocals were excellent. I'm hoping you guys will do this at IGC. I enjoyed it so much I listened to it 3 times before writing this. Very enjoyable.

Bill

daryl

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:58 am

Extremely impressed. Nice playing and singing all around. Nice effects and sound balance. Well done on the video editing. It really is too bad work has to get in your way. It's just not fair.

wrsomers

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:10 am

I had to come back and listen again. What a great song and cover. I was 21 when this song came out. I loved it then and still do. In late 1969 it had particular meaning to me. Thanks again TZZs.
Bill

sandysue

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:32 am

That was awesome Michele and David. You guys sound great together. I love that song. :)

familyman4

Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:42 am

Great collaboration David and Michele! I'll listen again with headphones on and I'll be able to catch even more.

Thanks for sharing your passion!
Bart

Craig

Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Shell and David,

Great cover of a great song! Very professional in all aspects. Congratulations to both of you on this effort! Well done!

Craig

willem

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Super duo, I love it

Q: are there dissonants in the harmony melody line ( this is a serious question).

W. B)

TGNesh

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Very very nice!!!!

I wouldn't know the song, but what a cool and jazzy feel in there and you two capture it very well. The guitar work and bass are pretty solid and acts well as the song's platform, but I have to say, the icing on the cake would be this flute. I love such lines throughout an arrangement, very well done!

Great vocals David! You get pretty high up there too! :)

Nice to see you two doing a cover as well. Originals are fantastic of course, but here and there a cover is pretty cool too. :)

Kudos and pizza all around!! :laugh: :P :kiss:

Ness

davidrfinn99165

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi Bill, Daryl, Sandy, Craig, Bart, Willem and Ness... we really appreciate your generous comments - it is a little while since our last release so it is great to receive such warm encouragement.

We've wanted to do a cover so thx to Neil for his recent lesson which introduced us to this song.

I'll leave technical questions on harmonies and work to Shel to answer, as i know very little about either of these topics. I guess this one may get performed at camp Bill... it may depend on which ones we can remember haha, maybe this one we'll keep for a late night session rather than the open-mics.

Thx Ness-- yes the vocal was a little higher than i usually attempt haha... it was a little intimidating having to recut it for the video a few weeks later.....i couldn't recall the precise mix of beverages i'd used on the demo take to handle it.

And my thx to Shel of course for enabling us to get the signature TZZ sound for our first cover... I think our deal is that Shel takes the kudos and I take the pizza !

/ david

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic