My Sweet Lady - John Denver

dekotaj

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:08 am

Bravo Bravo Bravo!!

Damn that was good sir. Loved everything about it. I really enjoyed the little double picking( or would that be eighth note picking??)And than that quick strum( kind of James Taylor est) to get to the G chord.And the bass walk down to the B minor. Really very nicely played and sung.
Thank for sharing.
Kevin

willem

Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:53 am

Q: the frasing from the line "Are there meanings that you've never seen before" is a bit diffrent then in the first verse ?

Played JD in dropped D tuning?

Willem

familyman4

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:21 pm

Willem,

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer your question. I have been on a family vacation out of the country and haven't been able to check into the forum during this time.

Anyway, to answer your question: it really should be played the same as the 1st verse. I made a mistake but kept playing through the rest of the song anyway. If you are learning the song, just play it the same during both verses and you will be fine. (If I had to wait until I never make a mistake with a song before I post something, you would never hear from me again) B)

Bart

P.S. Thanks again for the positive feedback from everyone that took the time to listen! I appreciate your support!

jayswett

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Wow. Not sure how I missed this when you first posted. Very nice.

willem

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:09 am

familyman4 wrote:
Willem,

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer your question. I have been on a family vacation out of the country and haven't been able to check into the forum during this time.

Anyway, to answer your question: it really should be played the same as the 1st verse. I made a mistake but kept playing through the rest of the song anyway. If you are learning the song, just play it the same during both verses and you will be fine. (If I had to wait until I never make a mistake with a song before I post something, you would never hear from me again) B)

Bart

P.S. Thanks again for the positive feedback from everyone that took the time to listen! I appreciate your support!
thx, I found out how to play it, the challenge is the slow tempo, focus on the lyricks helps

Willem

tombo1230

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:07 pm

I am only just getting to this Bart, loved it!! Well done, nice playing and your singing was great too. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic