John Stewart/Monkees

dekotaj

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 am

daryl wrote:
Nice playing Craig. But would have like to have heard more!
Bravo Sir. Some real nice picking going on. I sure wish I could do those finger roll that you got in there.Just can't get my fingers to make it happen.
You look like the guy from high school that would have dated the home- coming queen.
Great to see you posting again. Hope to hear more from you soon.
Kev

Craig

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:06 pm

Thanks Kev!

I appreciate the fingerpicking comments. I've worked hard on that since I'm not comfortable with my singing voice!

Homecoming Queen? She shot me down... not due to a lack of effort though! :laugh: I bet if I could play guitar back then I could have won her over!! :laugh:

Thanks again,

Craig

dekotaj

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Craig wrote:
Thanks Kev!

I appreciate the fingerpicking comments. I've worked hard on that since I'm not comfortable with my singing voice!

Homecoming Queen? She shot me down... not due to a lack of effort though! :laugh: I bet if I could play guitar back then I could have won her over!! :laugh:

Thanks again,

Craig
That would be her loss my friend. :laugh: :laugh:

tombo1230

Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Really nice job Craig. That's a favorite of mine from the Monkeys, just like Corina I too was singing along. :)

Tom N.

Craig

Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:15 am

Great to hear from you Tom!

I liked a few of the Monkey's songs growing up and this was definitely one of them. I appreciate you watching and singing along.

Craig

auntlynnie

Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:47 am

Hi Craig,
I really enjoyed that! Very nice job. I've worked on this one a bit and I think you've inspired me to go further with it.

As you mentioned, we all know the words and I had to hold myself back from belting out "Cheer up sleepy, Jean!" when it came around. I would have scared my family at the breakfast table!

Thanks for posting this,
Lynn

Craig

Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Thanks Lynn!

It makes me feel great to think that I may have inspired anyone to do anything with a guitar! It's a fun song to play... and for me, its great to play a song that people recognize, and like, without having to sing it!!

Thanks for watching and the comment.

Craig

dtaylor

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:38 am

Really nicely played Craig, I like the percussive work and the relaxedness when you start strumming too, it really shows a level of control and adds a lot of colour. It's songs like this that keep me coming back to TG.

Craig

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks Dean!

I couldn't agree more regarding the - this type of song keeping me around TG. They are great songs and Neil puts up wonderful lessons on them that are doable but a little challenge as well, at least for my abilities. They will definitely keep me around for a long time!

Thanks again for the nice words!

Craig

wrsomers

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:20 pm

Well played Craig!
Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic