Busking Cowgirl in the Sand (very approximately)

auntlynnie

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:34 am

Ok, I'm going out on a limb today. I recently got my 12-string guitar back from a friend who was fostering it for me for awhile. And I'm remembering what great fun it is just to strum and play it. And I happened onto Cowgirl in the Sand, which used to play (I sadly realized that was over 40 years ago). So this is only the approximate version - the way we played back before we could watch videos on youtube or get the real chords from people like Neil and Vanessa. So this is me, feeling like I'm eighteen once again, except back then I knew all the words.
Lynn

7645slug

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:43 am

That was nice Lynn!

--tom

daryl

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:52 am

As Kevin would say....BRAVO! (Though I would have loved to have seen both your hands.)

auntlynnie wrote:
Ok, I'm going out on a limb today. I recently got my 12-string guitar back from a friend who was fostering it for me for awhile. And I'm remembering what great fun it is just to strum and play it. And I happened onto Cowgirl in the Sand, which used to play (I sadly realized that was over 40 years ago). So this is only the approximate version - the way we played back before we could watch videos on youtube or get the real chords from people like Neil and Vanessa. So this is me, feeling like I'm eighteen once again, except back then I knew all the words.
Lynn

Craig

Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:04 pm

Lynn,

Great job on a great song! I love the sound of that guitar too! Well done.

Craig

davidrfinn99165

Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Woohoo Lynn.. great to see you giving it some on the 12 string !!

Encore !!

familyman4

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Very nice Lynn!

I enjoyed that A LOT! More importantly, you looked like you enjoyed playing it. 12 string guitars are a blast to play. They seem to bring a whole new dimension to the music, especially if you are playing alone.

Thanks for sharing!
Bart

michelew

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Very, very cool! That's something I'm aiming for.

Great sound.

M

wrsomers

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Super Job Lynn! One of my favorite NY songs. I loved your timing and riffs, palm muting/percussion and singing. It brought me back to 1971 when I used to sing this to your doppelganger (my niece Jody) when she was 2 years old. ;) I also liked your use of the 12 string.

Bill

auntlynnie

Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:35 am

Thanks Bill, Michele, Bart, David, Tom, and Craig, for your support and comments.

Playing songs like this is really fun for me. A guitar playing friend recently asked me (after we had discussed songwriting, fingerpicking and such), and "What are you playing that's fun?" and I didn't have an answer, but now that I've thought about it, I realize that I need to play more songs like this... this is the fun stuff!

Lynn

TGNesh

Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:15 pm

So great to see you playing this song Lynn, one of my NY favorites as well!

I thought you did a great job including dampening the strings, picking out some melody notes on the second string and such, well done!

Singing this one is not so easy since it's quite high. But you actually pulled it off quite well. Usually I hear you singing a bit more in the 'basement', so I like it that you can get out of there as well. ;)

Thanks for sharing your 'playing for fun' Lynn!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic