Steven & Lily's Wedding - Songbird Cover Music Video

rosebud1934

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:44 pm

Hello TG Community,

I took a lesson here, Eva Cassidy's Songbird and it came out nicely. I hired a videographer and made a one-of-kind music video for my daughter's wedding. I thought of sharing it as any student would be encouraged by how much fun it can be to tweak a song from TG's set of lessons.

I did this as a gift to a daughter I adore and love to honor her wedding day. This was a collaborative project. My nephew lives in Denver and my niece in Australia. The videographer's company is called Pulse Productions in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Thank you for taking the time to look my project over.

Thank you Totally Guitars for giving me a great lesson that I could build on.

From a loving dad,

Glenn

P.S. I'd like to do the same video idea for my wife with Buffalo Springfield Bluebird. Can you guys add that lesson to your library?

TGNeil

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:12 am

Hey Glenn,

Thank you so much for sharing this with TG. Great occasion, nice video, and spectacular time to share with all of us. Congrats on your daughter's foray into the next phase...
So the reality check is I don't see Bluebird as a solo, acoustic song that translates well to a lesson. But, I will revisit the situation.

Neil

Craig

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:50 am

Glenn,

Great project and wonderful gift to your daughter! Very well done and very cool. Congratulations!

Craig

jayswett

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:38 am

Wow. Lovely video.

wrsomers

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:59 am

Glenn,
What can I say? Answer: not too much at the moment I'm speechless!

As some TGer's know, I get a "little "emotional :) (don't all parents) when it comes to weddings, daughters, sons, grandchildren and family, especially when it involves music.

Your video, is wonderful and I can just imagine how your daughter felt when first she saw this. I especially liked the low tech screen credits. They added a very personal touch.

Congratulations on the wedding and your new son-in-law.

Best Regards,
Bill

daryl

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:26 am

What a beautiful gift! Well done.

TGNesh

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:17 am

Glenn...that was absolutely beautifully done by all of you and such a gorgeous video too...Very touching and heartwarming all around. Many congratulations!

Bluebird....in thruth I have always loved that song, Stephen Stills in his best vocal years (in my opinion). Like Neil, I wouldn't really know how to make it work as a solo guitar piece. It's very much about the vocals and also quite a bit of lead playing. Playing it simply acoustically, just strumming through it is easy enough, which i've done often. But I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. In any way, apparently Neil will look into it again.

Many thanks for sharing this special occasion with us, beautiful song choice too!

All the best,

Vanessa

michelew

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Glenn,

That was so beautiful... I have a huge lump in my throat. Simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Michele

sandysue

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Wow Glenn that was really beautiful. :)

Sandy

Rbinding

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Glen,

A wonderful song, well done, with great video. Very touching - I loved it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ron

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic