Busking DAY IS GONE

buddy

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Hello TG friends. Been away for a while playing in the wilderness. Nice to be back on the forum. Here is a cover of Day is Gone by Noah Gundersen. The song is from the soundtrack of the series Sons of Anarchy. I tried to get the busking uploader to work but kept getting an error so did a direct link instead. Let me know what you think would help move it along.

Bud

jayswett

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:28 pm

Very nice, Buddy. Great sound, deep and rich, out of that guitar. Singing was powerful as well. I enjoyed that.

familyman4

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Very nice tone Buddy! Your voice just keeps getting better and better. Love the guitar tone too. Keep 'em coming and Welcome Back!

Bart

davidrfinn99165

Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:19 am

Good to see you back Buddy. There was some really soulful singing in the chorus there, and i thought you handled the phrasing excellently !

and bravo for the guitar solo.

/ david

wrsomers

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi Buddy,
Welcome back. It's good to see another great post from you. I too liked the double tracked rhythm/lead part. Your voice has never been better...smooth, relaxed and mellow.

Bill

BobR

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi Buddy,

Nice to see you back busking. Great job all around :)

Bob

dekotaj

Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:09 am

buddy wrote:
Let me know what you think would help move it along.

Bud

Hey Buddy.Bravo!

Sounds real good. The strumming and singing is as strong as always. I like the way you left a lot of space in your strumming for your vocals. Worked real nice with this song.
Kev

You asked us to let you know what you think would help move it along.
The only thing I would say is. On the lead try and cross pick the 1/8 notes. And also when you start SOME of the runs,You my want to start some of them with your ring finger and not you first finger. If the run starts with a slide down the neck.But then your coming right back up the neck. Starting those runs with you ring finger will help the notes from ending to soon. That's my advice for what it worth. I always tell my boys the great thing about advice is that its free and you don't have to take it. :laugh: :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing more.Thanks for sharing.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Deep, dark and rich is how this one comes over Buddy and it meshes nicely with the video style you have settled on with the black/white and blacked out background, it really works well! The sound quality is first class and really serves your excellent voice and the deep tones of that lovely guitar (which one is it again?). The second guitar part really adds lot and you seem to be developing that well. So all in all, a really nice performance! Maybe the more accomplished players or teachers should comment otherwise as what would move you on, I always feel a little unqualified to do that. But, if it was me playing, I may want to work on the touch of the right hand to become a little smooth and gentle.... something I have to keep working on myself, especially with a pick.

Chris

crieniecat

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 am

Hi Bud,

What a treat seeing another post from you at TG.

Your singing is rich with a deep tone and nice vibrato.
The feeling you add to the words make them come alive.
And the video with all layers, the music, and your own signature combines it all into a masterpiece.

That's what I think... You've created something to be very proud of, maybe your best one yet.

Sincerely,
Corina.

buddy

Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:30 pm

jayswett wrote:
Very nice, Buddy. Great sound, deep and rich, out of that guitar. Singing was powerful as well. I enjoyed that.
Hi Jay, Always good to hear from you and thanks for the comments as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic