Collaboration: Perspectives by the Time Zone Zombies

michelew

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:45 am

Hi everyone,

Well we're back with an original song this time. And we're joined by a guest whom you may not have met before.

We hope you like it.

TZZ

Perspectives

Do you see, can't you see we don't need to disagree
I perceive, I concede, there are other truths to see

It's light, no it's dark, It's blue, no it's green,
We're sure, but there's so many in-betweens

I'm strong willed and so are you
Holding on tight to our own view
It makes no sense, it's not worth being right,
If we risk our friendship for this stupid fight

We're sure, but there are so many in-betweens,
Black or white, what's the truth who's to say?
In the end it's mostly shades of grey

I'll look through your eyes
Can you see through mine
.. as we try to understand each other's side

Let's put this behind us and try to move on
Let's put it behind us, where it belongs
We may both be right, but we're both surely wrong
If we let these perspectives weaken our bond

We're sure but there are so shades many in-between,
Black or white, what's the truth who's to say?
In the end it's mostly shades of grey
We may not agree at the end of the day
But, with love and respect we'll be OK

TGNesh

Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:22 pm

I think you guys delivered another beautiful and quite intense song....

The picking as the platform worked very well. Same for the little lead fills, you do great at that David! I would've loved for the 'flute' to come in earlier, since it added so much to it, although I can see why you let it come in when it did. I also lóved the guest, whom I've never met before!! :laugh: :P And yes Shel, you sound best 'up there'. ;)

Another very well done job TZZ!! Your second album is coming along real nicely! :)

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Very, very nice job guys! That was pretty special for several reasons. Shel singing in a higher register, which I like A LOT, and pretty serious lyrics which are carried gently and made more palatable by the melody and music. All in all very interesting song which captivates the listener to the end. Shel is the writer this time? Although I think Dave has written on a similar theme, right? Hmmm, must do more in-depth TZZ research before commenting.... but I just had to comment right a way.
Well done guys once again!

wrsomers

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:41 pm

OH MY!!! That was absolutely fabulous!!! Great chord progression, it was so much more complex than previous TZZ songs. Loved the lyrics, they put me in places I've been. Isn't that what song writing and art are all about? Shel, your voice has progressed so much, I agree with Ness and Chris, that register suits you well. Did I hear a little influence from Per B. in there? I think I did! So relaxed and natural.

David, I loved your leads. Is that a new 12 fret mahogany guitar? It sounds great. Also loved the pooch addition. Only thing missing was your Fedora :)

I hope the two of you come back to IGC 2017, it wouldn't be the same without you. Only next camp I'll have to get a tomAAHto shirt too... :laugh:

Bill

BobR

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Michele / David,

You two are great together and it comes out in this wonderful performance. :) :) Thanks for sharing your collaborations.

Bob

davidrfinn99165

Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:06 pm

Thx so much bob, chris, bill and ness... my thx to shel as always for beimg so much fun to work with..and for making 90% of this stuff happen...

hey Ness - i'm glad you liked the guest appearance by Lucy , one of my two cocker spaniels. she snuck in behind me when i leaned forward to press the button on the camera on my pc, and it seemed mean to disturb her.

hey Bill - i'll pm you tomorrow on the guitar... i think it noodles on it's own and i just sit there attached to it somehow.....

hey Chris... thx for your kind support - once again you give me too much credit my friend... we had another TZZ song called 'Perception' which was mostly Shel's creation..... i'm working on one called "Perspex' to complete the collection, but we'll see if it makes the cut.... ;)

/ david

plantman

Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Wow, was awestruck by the captivating lyrics. Incredible
Chan

michelew

Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:14 am

Ness, Chris, Bill, Bob, Chan,

As I think all of you know, once you push the 'post' button there is a deadly quiet and a period of reflection and no small amount of doubt as you wait.... for the silence to finally be filled by responses. "Will they like it...or think it sucks?" So firstly, thanks so much for taking to time to respond and letting us know how you received it. I loved reading all of your comments. They definitely fuel our enthusiasm to keep working at this song writing, arranging and composing thing. You've all put a cumulative big, big smile on my face.

Ness - I definitely spent a lot of time in the rafters on this one. Thanks for your advice and support. It seems you know a thing or two about making good music, oh... and where my voice can go. :) :) who'd have thunk?! :) :kiss: :kiss:

Chris - thanks! Originally this was called 'It Seems', but at one point we jokingly called it 'Perception 2'. In truth I've go another start of some lyrics that toy with the concept :) but,... well David's writing Perspex (or was that Mr Perspex - you can see right through him... hmmm ... ) so perhaps we've got enough on the subject. :)

Bill - WOW thank you. :) Per B has definitely helped me to relax. I've got a long way to go though. The more I apply his approaches the better and more relaxed I feel. Until...I get in front of that damn camera. Thanks for noticing the colourful chords. I wrote this about the same time that I raised the colourful chords question on the forum. They're so interesting. I've definitely got heaps to explore there.

Bob - thanks - really glad you liked it. Yeh I think David and I do make a great team. I actually had decided not to finish this one at a couple of points, but he gave me the encouragement I needed to pick it up again. And then there's all of the ways that he adds his magic touches to our projects. He's great fun too. Everyone needs a David to collaborate with. It's so much more fun that writing and playing my yourself.

Chan - WOW! Music to my ears. :)

Thank you all again for your support. I really appreciate it.

Shel

crieniecat

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:06 am

Shel, David, TZZ..... I know, I'm late :dry:

It takes a lot of wisdom and courage, to write lyrics like these and to be brave enough to share them here at TG... wow!
I feel very honored to witness another fantastic project, an intense song, breathtaking lyrics, seeing two warmhearted people who's bond over the time has only intensified, don't let go! :kiss:

The rest is said before by others, and I agree, on the singing, the playing, the cosy scenery with your fluffy guest, love it all... :cheer:

Much love and respect,
Corina :kiss:

michelew

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:07 am

Corina,

You're the sweetest.... thank you... I have no words...

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic