Busking Leaving on a Jet plane through a TC Helicon Play Acoustic

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:31 pm

okee dokee....
Same setting as last one: Plate Verb +DBL

wrsomers

Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Great work Chris. I can see you're spending your holiday glued to your guitar, mic, amp, and new toy. Just remember to get up every once in awhile or you'll end up with a left shoulder impingement like I had a few months back :laugh: .

I don't know if you've found this feature yet but there is a way to get pretty decent harmonies without being plugged in. Using your BSG played through a regular mic like you did on "New Horizons" do the following:

1. Go to setup menu page 1/7 and set room sense to "ambient"
2. While in the pre-set you like (let's do it with #21 Suite Judy Blue Eyes for this example), go to Vocal FX menu
3. Using the "Genre" button select "auto key" turn the selector knob until you find the key you want to play in
4. Using the "Favorite" button select the level that works for you (probably -5db)
5. Hit the "Store" button twice and you are ready to go.

To go back to the defualt setting start at step 3. and choose "auto key" and then the "Store" button twice and you're done.

You can leave the room sense set to "ambient" and everything will still work fine when you're plugged in. And of course you can change the levels to suit your room, equipment and taste anytime you want. Just remember that if you don't hit "Store" twice, the setting will go back to what they were before you tried to modify them.

I hope this helps. Have fun. I look forward to more excellent posts. I absolutely loved the "New Horizons" video.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:57 am

Many thanks Bill, its great to have my own personal coach on using this gadget! Much appreciated.
New Horizons was so much easier to sing with the Play Acoustic's help.
Yes I am having a blast and my holiday doesn't even start until noon tomorrow :) ... so you can imagine!
It is so much fun to play with this device, makes me wonder why I did not get one earlier... oh yeah, I would never leave the house!
The best effect so far is the motivation it gives me to play and experiment and take so many songs to another level. Its almost as good as having Corina and Vanessa here.... but not quite, the gizmo doesn't drink any wine :laugh:

So, please forgive me if I am spamming TG with my posts but its just irresistible and I need people to share it all with.... and this is my thread, so I guess its o.k. :laugh:

Merry Christmas folks.... and may Santa Jingle your bells :)

BobR

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi Chris,
Very cool sound. Thanks for the peek at your new acquisition :)

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Thanks Bob! Lets hear from you and your gizmo... :)

One more before Christmas....

wrsomers

Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:51 pm

HOLY F*&^ing S*#T OMG how awesome!!!!! That was absolutely FANTASTIC. Moody Blues live thanks to Chris. I sat here listening to that and I could distinctly smell "burning rope", incense and petutli oil :laugh: :laugh: That brought me back to the 70's and all the GREAT music . Thanks Chris! So good to see and hear the Takamine 12 string, especially now through the Play Acoustic. Tomorrow night I will be thinking of you when I perform for my family on Christmas Eve. Keep those cards and letters coming :)

Bill

crieniecat

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:01 am

Yeah.... Chris did another really great song from the Moody Blues eh Bill? I fully agree with you!
Nice phrasing and feel into the song as well :cheer:

Really only thing I missed seeing here is your smile, Ill need a raincheck on that ;) B)

Another beautiful song!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:59 am

Thanks Bill and Corina, very kind! Well, I have been working on this song constantly and am slowly getting under control but the highest notes are still a strain and God knows how I'm going to get a smile in there with everything that's going on and the attention it takes.... but I know that's the next level I need to reach so its great to know I am on the right track and I am inspired by the power of the Play Acoustic to keep moving these songs on... and, maybe one day I'll get to smile :laugh: .... I am enjoying the hell out of it though! Thanks for the great lesson Neil!

Oh, Bill, the guitar was not through the gizmo, just the camera stereo mics.... still have to set myself up... will do over Christmas.

BobR

Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi Chris,

Another wonderful performance. Thanks for sharing. :)

bob

dottmcse85630

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:59 pm

WOW sounds really great!

YES I love my TC Helicon Play Acoustic. I use it 95% of the time, even just doodling around.
Not much with the vocals yet, hopefully soon.

One side benefit. I plug my headphones into my "monitor" speakers so everything pipe through to the headphones. From there I can really tell where my fretting goofs are.

Overall this is a really great gizmo. I'll be bringing it up to camp this summer too.

Dennis

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic