Busking Willie Nelson - "Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground"

wrsomers

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:06 am

Since Chris has been playing with his new Play Acoustic, I thought I might jump in with a song I have a lot of fun playing and singing. It's my idea of what Willie would sound like singing this song with the Oak Ridge Boys.

Thanks for the inspiration Chris and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to everyone.

Bill

TGNesh

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:20 am

Wow.... :ohmy: that sounded fantastic in every way, loved it! :cheer:

Great and very nice camera presence too (can't help it, but it just does make a difference), made me smile for sure, especially at the very end. :)

Very well performed Bill! xo

wrsomers

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:29 am

A big THANK YOU Ness. I'm so glad you liked it. Getting more comfortable with the camera thanks to you and Corina, both of you have given me guidance in that regard and I appreciate it! Hugs and good wishes... :)

Bill
xo

sandysue

Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:39 am

Very nice Bill. Your voice sounds great. :)

Sandy

neverfoundthetime

Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Wow, hat sounded fabulous Bill! Excellent! Loved the sound, your voice that lovely Taylor 914, just great all round, the whole shabang!
Really glad you posted that. Now, let me know how the magic was weaved, what were all the settings?
Oh, by the way, you are looking sleek and fit, 10 years younger ;-).

wrsomers

Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:44 pm

Sandy - Thank you and Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays :)

Chris - Thank you! Was the typo a Freudian slip ("hat sounded... :laugh: ) I also just noticed I'm wearing my CF Martin shirt while playing the Taylor :ohmy:

The setting was easy. I used pre-set # 45 "Elvira O-R Boys", and turned the level up to -3db. The other 2 settings are the default "Auto Key" and "Hit Control".

Have you tried using the ambient setting and designated key with the BSG yet?

I feel at least 10 years younger, but I'll have to get a nip-tuck to look it :laugh:

Bill

thereshopeyet

Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Willie

That was great :ohmy:

Here's your imposter :dry: below !!

If you had not have fallen
Then I would not have found you
Angel flying too close to the ground!
And I patched up your broken wing
And hung around a while,
Tried to keep your spirits up
And your fever down.
I knew someday that you would fly away
For love's the greatest healer to be found.
So leave me if you need to,
I will still remember
Fly on, fly on past the speed of sound!
I'd rather see you up,
Than see you down
Leave me if you need to,
I will still remember

neverfoundthetime

Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:15 pm

Yeah, cool Freudian slip ( I wonder why he wore them :laugh: ).... I live in C. G. Jung territory so it could be in the air :laugh:

Yeah, I just may put my hat on for a video at some point but I am still miles away from getting my mojo going on screen presence... too busy trying not to stuff up on the guitar, vocals and now the foot pedals.... Uff!

I did not get the settings sorted yet Bill, I will need time for that... so another half day and then I have some free time....

Chris

BobR

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi Bill,
That sounded really good to me. Very cool effects. I've got a TC-Voice live 2. I just need to learn how to use it :laugh:

Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year

Hope we can get together after the New year :)

Bob

crieniecat

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Aaaaaw Bill, I'm so happy Chris inspired you to record another song, it has been too long!
Good to see you in a much more relaxed way in front of the camera. And you even treated me on a smile :)
Yes all round another great post, what's next? ;)

And your knowledge about how to use the device is very helpful and appreciated, since I'm planning on trying it out a lot my self very soon B)
Well... that is of course, if I can distract Chris and take over the mic :laugh: :P :woohoo:
Hmm... maybe some wine will do the trick.... B)

I'm sure CCNess will post some footage to prove our get-together somewhere along the first week of January.

Thanks a lot Bill.
Have a fantastic Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year with your loved ones....
Corina :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic