Busking "I Believe in Father Christmas" by Greg Lake

spinland

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:18 pm

I tried using the upload interface until I realized the file size limit is 200MB and my video is just over 260. Decided I'd share a YouTube link, instead.

"I Believe in Father Christmas" has long been my favorite Holiday tune. When Greg Lake passed away I decided that this year's digital Christmas "card" would be a music video in tribute to his memory. I'm an animator by trade, music is just a hobby, but in this project I was able to bring the two together. I performed all the instruments and the vocals. The instrumentals were via a digital MIDI guitar emulating, among others, a Martin D28, a basso profundo synth, a generic synth lead keyboard, and a Yamaha grand piano.

Disclaimer: yes, I know the outro piano animation is being played on the wrong side of the keyboard. I was dead tired and fighting to get this thing out the door in time and spaced that. My bad.

[video type=youtube]rQmyXtOy5gE[/video]

TGNesh

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:21 pm

familyman4

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:12 pm

Very creative!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:08 pm

Well done and thank you Mark, that's quite a video! Happy 2017!

Chris in Swiss

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:27 pm

Cool ... Awesome :ohmy:

Spinland Wrote:
I know the outro piano animation is being played on the wrong side of the keyboard.
Never mind that ..... it's being played by a reindeer !!!
:laugh:

:)

Edit
Have you any other musical animations to share?

michelew

Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:19 pm

WOW! That's an incredible amount of work I imagine. Playing all of the tracks yourself is impressive all by itself. That's all quite an achievement.

Well done.

Michele

fjeanmur

Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:49 pm

What wonderful animation and the music was great too! Thanks for linking it to our site. It made such a nice introduction.

BobR

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Very well done. :) Thanks for sharing.

bob

spinland

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:56 pm

Thanks, guys! I had a lot of fun (and lost a lot of sleep) creating it.

thereshopeyet wrote:
Have you any other musical animations to share?
Not yet, but stay tuned. This was my first foray into mixing my hobby and my profession but it won't be the last. B)

With respect to my recording all the tracks, almost all of it was recorded via my digital MIDI guitar (shown below, along with my keyboard). When piped through a selection of the thousands of virtual instruments I have in my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) I can make the guitar and/or keyboard sound like almost any instrument you can name. I have a couple of traditional guitars, an acoustic and an electric, but I do a lot of my arranging and recording in MIDI because of the sheer power available.

EDIT: okay, I cannot figure out how one attaches images to a post. I've trued the "select image file to attach" button below but it does nothing, and the button to add an [img] tag also seems not to do anything. Oh, well.

spinland

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:18 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Is speechlessness a good thing in this case? ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic