Busking Merle Haggard - Misery And Gin

spinland

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:38 am

wrsomers wrote:
I hope this helps.
It did, so very much indeed. Thank you! :woohoo:

crieniecat

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Bill... what a nice energy have you put into the song.
I mean to say, the playing was very nice, as was your singing (as always!), and even this genre suits your voice really well.
Your camera presence looks much more comfortable and the smile at the end is captured, yep, I saw it B)

So what's the secret to your succes? Ok, the hat, your sweetheart (guitar) in your arms, and a gin? Hmmm... maybe I need to try that as well :laugh:
Yet... probably after sipping too much gin... the hat will bring me into trouble :laugh:

Great song, very nice share, thank you!!!

fjeanmur

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:36 pm

HI Bill!

I have to agree with Vanessa; It's good to see you again! God, you have such an interesting repertoire and it's amazing you can lay down all those tracks. I have trouble with a camera.

Another well done song! ;)

wrsomers

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:06 am

Thank you Tom, Buddy, Corina, and Felicia. Your generous praise is always nice to hear. I will be trying ear buds for my next backing track video and I won't be drinking any gin (not my choice of singing oil :laugh: ). Maybe a nice glass of wine.

Corina, this is for you... :) :) :)

Bill

wrsomers

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:37 pm

fjeanmur wrote:
HI Bill!

I have to agree with Vanessa; It's good to see you again! God, you have such an interesting repertoire and it's amazing you can lay down all those tracks. I have trouble with a camera.

Another well done song! ;)
Felicia,
I just bought a Paul Reed Smith electric, so stay tuned for even more styles in my repertoire. :)

Bill

spinland

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:22 pm

wrsomers wrote:
I just bought a Paul Reed Smith electric, so stay tuned for even more styles in my repertoire. :)
:woohoo: Which one? I'm dying to see some pix!

davidrfinn99165

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:27 pm

wrsomers wrote:

Felicia,

Bill
Wow bill.. you bought a repertoire as well ??? :woohoo: :woohoo:

wrsomers

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:25 pm

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
wrsomers wrote:

Felicia,

Bill
Wow bill.. you bought a repertoire as well ??? :woohoo: :woohoo:
Very funny david, I wish that were possible, but hopefully I can learn some cool licks. I think I might need a different amp. The one I have is specifically for acoustic. No overdrive...not that I would know how to use it! :)

michelew

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi Bill,

I don't have an amp either. I record my electric guitar and bass directly into my iMac and GarageBand. I can then play with the different sound emulation effects until I have a sound I'm happy with. In truth I'm still learning. But it's heaps of fun. You can do a similar thing with iPhone and iPad apps and play from those devices directly or through a speaker. It's really cool. And....easier to carry. Though with your new physique you probably don't need to worry about that right?!

M

wrsomers

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Thanks Michele,
I don't want to muddy up this thread or the forum with minutia so I'll PM you for more details. Thanks for the heads up!

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic