Collaboration: Knockin' on Heaven's Door - performed by Kevin and Michele

michelew

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:29 am

Hi everyone,

Kevin (dekotaj) and I have been talking about doing a collaboration for a looooong time. We in fact started a couple, which never saw the light of day. Finally the planets have aligned and we've joined forces to bring you a Dylan cover. We really hope you enjoy it.

Michele

davidrfinn99165

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:04 am

Well done you two !! Gosh you've nailed those harmonies at the start shel.. very authentic. I was expecting Dylan to come in on the first line at any moment. :)

/ david

TGNesh

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:17 am

BRAVO!!!!! :cheer: That was awesome!

I have to say that to me the song has always been kinda boring (repetitive progression), sorry if I offend anyone :ohmy:. Funny enough i still kinda like it too. :dry: But this arrangement, with this ocean of vocals, and combination of instruments all of a sudden makes it way more interesting and so very nice to listen to. Very relaxing and soothing actually. :)

Kev', you were very solid and consistent as you always are, some nice fils, all around great job! One thing I was wondering, why keeping the measure of C short? (3 beats instead of 4) You were actually very consistent in that too :laugh:, so I take it it was intentional.

Shel, you know I always like your voice better when it's higher, but I gotta hand it to you, you sounded fantastic on this one! Awesome ocean of harmonies there and some nice bassruns, fabulous job you did! (not to mention the video production!!)

Bravo you two, loved it!!

Ness

spinland

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:45 am

Wow...I'm blown away. I love Dylan's music and that's up there with the best covers I've ever heard. Loved the video production, too. You guys rock! :cheer:

daryl

Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:20 am

I totally agree with Vanessa. You two were awesome. Kevin your guitar sounded great and your playing was rock solid. Nice job on the solo thing and the fills. Michele I loved your bass playing and the arpeggios. All your vocals were great. How many vocal tracks did you do? The overall mix was wonderful. What a thrill to see you two together.

TGVanessa wrote:
BRAVO!!!!! :cheer: That was awesome!

I have to say that to me the song has always been kinda boring (repetitive progression), sorry if I offend anyone :ohmy:. Funny enough i still kinda like it too. :dry: But this arrangement, with this ocean of vocals, and combination of instruments all of a sudden makes it way more interesting and so very nice to listen to. Very relaxing and soothing actually. :)

Kev', you were very solid and consistent as you always are, some nice fils, all around great job! One thing I was wondering, why keeping the measure of C short? (3 beats instead of 4) You were actually very consistent in that too :laugh:, so I take it it was intentional.

Shel, you know I always like your voice better when it's higher, but I gotta hand it to you, you sounded fantastic on this one! Awesome ocean of harmonies there and some nice bassruns, fabulous job you did! (not to mention the video production!!)

Bravo you two, loved it!!

Ness

Craig

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Great work you two! Very well done in every respect. Very enjoyable and professional! Thanks for sharing with us!

Craig

michelew

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Thanks so much for all of your wonderfully generous feedback everyone. It's definitely brought a smile to my face. I'm glad you like the outcome of our long-time coming little project.

David - hey Zomb! :) it was SO nice getting your Ok on this being the Dylan fan that you are. Thanks for your support partner. :) :kiss:

Ness - I read your comment on my way home from a late function last night. I'm sure everyone on the tram was wondering why I suddenly had an enormous idiot grin on my face. :kiss: you MADE my day absolutely. Yeh I was planning to sing it in A, but after attempting it in G Kev convinced me to go with it. I did enjoy that, as Corina will attest, there's just something really fun about singing in the lower register sometimes. It also allowed me to sing harmonies above it more easily. I promise the next one will be girly high. :P and I'm SO glad you enjoyed the "ocean of voices" :) I stole the bass run from an album version I have; very cool. Great fun. Thanks sweet woman. Loved reading your comment. :kiss:

Mark - WOW! That's some compliment. Thank you!

Daryl - I'd have to check the number of vocal tracks, but at a couple of points I had...six, maybe seven. You know I love developing a choir. :) it was fun doing all of the tracks.

Craig - Thanks buddy. That's great to hear. It was a fun one.

Thanks again everyone. It's always fabulous getting such positive responses.

Kevin - thanks for inviting me to join you again, especially after I ended up pulling out of our previous project plans. You're a sweetie.

Shel

sandysue

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Very pretty Michele and Kevin. You two sound great together. :)

Sandy

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Well done you two! Great to see you get together and great to see Kev back in action. Shel you are a one woman animation team for TG!

michelew

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Sandy - thanks! Smiling here. :)

Chris - yeh isn't it fabulous hearing Kev's playing on the forum again. My universe is starting to return to normal. Animation...I can't claim any knowledge in that area, that's one of Mark's area of expertise. The video transitions are easy-peasy IMovie is pretty straightforward. You'd love it. Thanks sweet man. :kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic