Busking Jackson Browne - In The Shape Of A Heart

wrsomers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:15 pm

As promised, here is another Jackson Browne song. He wrote it about his first wife, Phyllis Major, who died in 1976 of a drug overdose while married to Jackson. She was a dancer and is also the subject of another of JB's songs, "For A Dancer". This song has been called one of his finest love songs. It is very sad and poignant, but the lyrics are so poetic and mature. Another one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did making this recording. Please listen with headphones if you have them. :)
Bill

spinland

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Heart-wrenching and beautiful. Thank you for sharing that.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:57 pm

That was fabulous Bill! Absolutely loved it! Brilliantly sung and pitched, its a song I like and know well enough... and one I would never have attempted but you nail it dead. For me, that is pretty much a perfect video, sung live and authentic and just perfect for your marvelous voice.
Well done!

Chris

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Bill

I like that rendition of In The Shape Of A Heart.

How do you approach singing and playing guitar simultaneously?

Dermot

davidrfinn99165

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:56 pm

I would have preferred a hat, but otherwise that was pretty damn great !! i loved all the guitar runs.... well done as always Bill !

/ david

wrsomers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Thanks Mark, Chris, Dermot and /david.

Chris - Thank you very much, what an overwhelming response. It took me many months to get this one to a point where I was comfortable enough to post it. Your comments make it all worthwhile.

Dermot - Thanks again! As to your question, I'll paraphrase Dave Nachmanoff...thousands of repetitions. :)

/david - I had to forget the hat this time, I've never seen JB wear one. I'm still working on the runs and hope to have them perfect some day. Thanks for your praise.

Bill

michelew

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Bill,

JAckson Browne seems to fit YOU like a glove.

Another great post. Your voice especially works well for these songs.

Thanks for posting.

M

wrsomers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:19 pm

michelew wrote:
Bill,

JAckson Browne seems to fit YOU like a glove.

Another great post. Your voice especially works well for these songs.

Thanks for posting.

M
Michele,
Thanks for viewing and commenting on my post. You know I always value your feedback. I was so happy when a few posts back I received many very nice responses from people saying it was nice to see me busking more songs again. I hope I haven't been posting too many performance videos; I don't think so but who knows? Anyway, thanks my friend.

Bill

michelew

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Bill,

Your posts are inspiring and show us what's possible. Sometimes I may not comment, or it may take me a while, but I think TG is a better place when there's a lot of discussion and particularly when people are being brave and stepping up to the plate to show us what they're playing.

So as far as I'm concerned, post as many as you like. At the end of the day we're all music lovers.

If people don't want to watch, that's their prerogative. They don't need to open the thread.

Keep them coming if you feel like sharing.

M

crieniecat

Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:46 am

.....Bill.... I love the way you follow the feel of the lyrics...
With your intonation of singing and the crescendo of your playing you bring these lyrics alive.

I think the lyrics get to you in a way eh? Beautiful to watch and indeed such brilliant poetry, written for his wife... goosebumps.

Mostly they will get to me as well when I sing.
Recently you've seen me sing Angel - Sarah Mc Lachlan, and you wouldn't believe the number of times my heart and eyes will fill with tears... oh well...

Your rich voice and timbre suits these songs... and please don't ever ask again if you're posting too much video's!!!

Guys and Galls, Post away as much if you like! It's so nice to hear and see everyone enjoying music. The lessons that Neil, Ness and Rich post here are great, yes absolutely true, and it is even better, I think for the teachers as well, to see everyone enjoying themselves and to see how brave and proud they are about their progress and just to show how much fun it is to play and share music!

Just have a look at some recent posts of You, Daryl, Chris, TZZ, Buddy, the father/daughter posts etc etc etc AWESOME!! And never ever too much.

Keep them coming and be proud :kiss:
Corina.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic