Busking John Denver — For Baby

spinland

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Many thanks to Bill for convincing to get with the program and just start singing instead of waiting for that "perfect time" when I have all this stuff in one sock. I'm not going to be able to integrate playing and singing smoothly until I just start doing it.

Thanks to wiley for the suggestion on a new pick to try. You'll see me grinning and shaking my head a few times in this, and it was because I kept almost losing the pick which led to some distraction and flubs (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

I've also got to work out a better place to plug in the ear buds when I want to monitor the mic (or get a longer cord).

[video type=youtube]JPRhjt1rnOo[/video]

spinland

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Sigh. I sound so flat now that I listen to it again. I'll get better.

wrsomers

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Yes! Now that's what I'm talking about. Excellent job. Thanks for taking the plunge. That wasn't so hard now was it?....ha...only kidding, ..we all know how hard it is to post that first busking song. :woohoo:

Bill

PS...remember what Neil, Dave Nachmanoff and our other great teachers say...don't put yourself down...confidence breeds confidence :)

daryl

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Well done. Loved the "knowing smiles". Way to keep playing with that damn spinning pick (I hate when that happens). Now all you have to do is play (and sing) the song another 1000 times and you'll be good to go!

spinland

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks, guys. I especially need to relax and let the song out instead of trying to push it there. That'll come with doing this more until I let go of the self-conscious thing.

You folks are gonna help me get there, I know it. :side:

davidrfinn99165

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Well done Mark !!

plus you win the award for hats worn in new busking videos posted this weekend -
Mark 1 Bill 0

..so far !
:)

spinland

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:11 pm

Thanks!

So, on a purely technical note I worked out how to monitor the mic and still get my metronome in the earbuds while not needing a longer cord. For the morbidly curious, the Yeti mic has an earphone jack, and I figured out how to pipe the recording software back into it so I can hear both via that jack.

That's my geek quotient for the weekend. :silly:

spinland

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:12 pm

...oh, and my hat is like Dumbo's magic feather: I figure if I look cool enough no one will care how badly I play or sing. :lol:

davidrfinn99165

Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:09 pm

spinland wrote:
...oh, and my hat is like Dumbo's magic feather: I figure if I look cool enough no one will care how badly I play or sing. :lol:
nice try , but bill's tried that one too...
...eek, i think i may have too....
:woohoo:

spinland

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:46 pm

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
spinland wrote:
nice try , but bill's tried that one too...
...eek, i think i may have too....
:woohoo:
"If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended...."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic