Scarborough Fair Canticle by Chris & Corina

dekotaj

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:34 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi folks. was lucky enough to be visited by Corina for a long weekend of music, snowy mountains, glorious sunshine, wonderful food & wine and great company and song. We did get one in the can for you, still a work in progress and although this has been on a certain person's home work list forEVER :laugh: , we do now have a working version we know we can still improve on. Hope you enjoy!

BRAVO Corina & Chris

My Favorite Paul Simon song.What a gorgeous song.LOVE the harmonies in this song. A real spell binding tune

As Bill said ( Very well done. I loved the counter melody/verse; that is not an easy thing to do, but you both pulled it off beautifully! )

Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

The very best to you both.
More please
Kev

davidrfinn99165

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:11 am

Bravo Corina and Chris..... i also loved hearing the vocals with the counter melody performed perfectly.

/ david

crieniecat

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:47 am

Wow!! So many lovely reactions to our song already!! TG is such a nice place to post and share experiences and progress :woohoo:

As you all can imagine this was a difficult song indeed. When Chris first asked me if we could do this one together, it took me about 5 seconds to decide, he really had to twist my arm for it ;) as it is such a beautiful piece of music.
(which, yes a bit ashamed to confess, I had never heard before :blink: ) Yes of course I had heard the most commonly used version, yet not with the canticle part :blush: So I was very happy that it was pointed out to me and I was the chosen one B) :P

As I started to practise I soon realised this would take me more than usual to do my homework...
Luckily Chris was very patient and gave me time and space to grow into the song along with him :kiss:
About 20 mins before this video was taken I had my Ahaaa moment, probably something most of you are familiar with ;)
Chris pointed out to me what was needed, a full balanced singing of both of us so instead of holding back, I started to (really) sing, put my energy into the song, and it worked :P

There will be more practise needed and we might soon add another recording of our progress on this haunting song.
Anyways... I thought it would be nice to give you a look into the kitchen of us singers brewing and cooking a song ;) B)

Willem, Aaaaw thank you! :cheer:

Daryl, :) Thank you Sir :)

Felicia Yes we were very happy as well to spend such lovely time together again, thank you for tuning in :)

Shel you make me smile... :P An angel? Well... Let's not bring that into discussion. Chris made sure my broomstick wasn't caught on camera :laugh:
(or was that used for him to correct me with? :blink: ) :P :silly: Ta sweet Aussie :kiss:

Sandy How nice to hear from you and Thank you! Are you still ok there with all those floods? :huh: Hugs coming your way :)

Tom Hi!! We need to catch up soon! It's been too long. And thank you for your very nice comment :cheer:

Ron Thank you as well for tuning in and enjoying our rendition, hope you are doing well :)

Craig making you wish you could sing eh? ;) Well, singing and playing an instrument adds so much fun to life! :lol: Thank you!

Bill That coming from such a good singer himself is always great to hear, so Thank you and be well! :cheer: Who knows what we might post soon :P

Kev It was actually a try out to hear via the camera if it would sound "OK" enough the way we did it. It is one of the first tips we get here to anyone performing, to watch and hear yourself back via footage.
Well... we ended up being two happy campers, although there is always something to improve on here and there right, so where I first said to better not post it, Chris insisted to do so, oh well... I sometimes listen ;) :lol: Stay well :kiss:

David TZZ!! Good to hear from you in between your concerts and sharing your autographs! Any projects going on lately? ;) Hug :)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks to everyone for tuning in and commenting. Corina, my dear, you are always the chosen one ;-). Er, and I think you used up all of TGs smilies in you post! Just one left.... :laugh:

Chris

spinland

Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:11 pm

So much beauty. Wonderful song, wonderfully performed. Thank you so much for sharing that!

jayswett

Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:40 pm

That was just incredible, and a joy to watch.

auntlynnie

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:35 am

Wow, Chris and Corina,
This was just so lovely. Your voices complement each other perfectly, and Chris, that sounded like just the right light accompaniment on guitar.
Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing this with us,
Lynn

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:43 pm

Many thanks guys! The beauty is supplied by Corina in abundance Mark :)
Thanks Jay, nice to have you tune in!
Thanks Lynn, maybe I should play the whole picking thing as in Neil's lesson, that may be even better.

TGNesh

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Lovely job Chris and Corina, well done! :)

crieniecat

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Mark, Jay Lynn, What a nice praise from all of you, thank you so much.
Posting here at TG is so rewarding, even when a song is still under construction, the comments are always so kind and uplifting, just great to see B)

Ness, aaaaaw, so good to see you liked our song as well :cheer: that coming from you my dear friend and fellow CCNess member, is always a huge compliment xoxox

Chris.... I'm glad I did find another smiley.... :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic