Wish You Were Here Acoustic

buddy

Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Hello All,

I have been off TG for a while as my beloved wife had recurrence of cancer. She had surgery last week and all went well and her prognosis is really good. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Decided to do some guitar stress therapy and do some playing and recording. I love this song and had a lot of fun with it. Let me know what you think. Bud

tombo1230

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Hi Buddy,
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness, but glad to hear that things are looking good, that I'm sure will be a great comfort and relief to yourself and your family.

Your song was magnificent, you were totally in the zone and very relaxed. I think I have never heard you sing any better than that and I have heard you sing quite a few songs over the years.
The guitar sounded really great with a rich tone and I loved your lead playing.
Very nice job indeed, oh, and welcome back. :)

Tom N.

spinland

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:19 am

That was stunning. Simply stunning.

Very sorry to hear about your wife's medical problems but also glad they seem to be resolving for you both. Thank you for sharing this, it brought tears and a smile and I had to play it twice.

Mark

Craig

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Nice job Buddy. Very well done. Your guitar sounds great and your voice is very well suited for this song.

I'm glad to hear your wife's surgery went well. I'm sending positive vibes to both of you!

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Great guitar therapy Buddy! So sorry to hear what your wife (and you) has gone through but really happy to hear she is on the mend and prospects are good! Be well and keep up the therapy!

wrsomers

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Great post Buddy. Best wishes to your wife and you.
Bill

buddy

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Buddy,
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness, but glad to hear that things are looking good, that I'm sure will be a great comfort and relief to yourself and your family.

Your song was magnificent, you were totally in the zone and very relaxed. I think I have never heard you sing any better than that and I have heard you sing quite a few songs over the years.
The guitar sounded really great with a rich tone and I loved your lead playing.
Very nice job indeed, oh, and welcome back. :)

Tom N.
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the kind words as my wife is a one in a million person that has added so much to my life. Glad you enjoyed the song as well.

Bud

crieniecat

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi Bud,

What a great tribute... I can hear your wish throughout the song, your fears and hopes... ouff..
As someone with a little history on that, I can imagine what both of you might have gone through...

Please pass through my warm and sincere greetings to your wife. Wishing you both strength and comfort.

Corina.

jayswett

Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Well done, Buddy. Hope things continue to look up for you and your wife.

TGNesh

Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Great job Bud! Gosh.....so sorry to hear what you and your wife have been/are going through. I remember pics and videos of the both of you. Even through those it was very evident how much you mean to each other. I wish you both well and much strength.

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic