Busking Every Good Boy Deserves Favour: You Can Never Go Home

sandysue

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:49 pm

you have an excellent voice Chris. It's really enjoyable to listen to you play and sing. j :)

sandy

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:41 am

Many thanks for tuning in and commenting folks!

Thanks Mark, its a song I love so therefore a labour of love.

Thanks Daryl, that's quite an accolade.... I tried to get some feeling into this one.... and not look too much at the left hand (which is habitual by now).

Thanks Bart! Tricked your ears this time. Its just the Sony HDI camera (wide angle and stereo mics) about 1.5 mtrs away and then I extracted the sound track from the vid (in AVS Audio Editor) added AVS' default reverb and used that track and muted the video track in AVS Video Editor. So, a pretty simple way of getting a good sound. I wanted it to be as naked as possible (and reverb always sweetens the end result a little).

Thanks Bill! Its an F#4 I think. I am in A=432 Hrz tuning. This tuning is helpful as its significantly lower on the high notes although its only a relatively small step lower in over all tuning.

Many thanks David, its nice to be able to sing these beautiful lyrics in a satisfying way although far from perfect.

Thanks Dermot, I always enjoy your illustrated comments and humour!

Thanks Corina! It was second take, although take 1 was ok too.... just my memory card ran out of space half way though.... had to delete all the January videos of you and Ness :laugh: . Saved on hard drive though, of course. Can you imagine some backing vocals on this? Would be cool. And you know how I hate to give you any homework! :woohoo: Just don't look up some phony cover version to copy this time :side: :woohoo:

Thanks Jean, yeah a great album that I had on continuous repeat at college too. Its the complete extent of my theoretical knowledge, EGBDF! :laugh:

Many thanks for the flowers Graig and Sandy, so cool you listen in!

buddy

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:38 am

Hi Chris,

This is really top notch. Super playing and singing and Love the background in the video as well.

Bud

TGNesh

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:42 am

Awesome 'Play !t and Post !t Chris, you sound fantastic, fabulous job!! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Many thanks for tuning in and for the generous comments Buddy and Ness!

We are into spring here Buddy and its been warm and sunny outside.... a bit too bright fr the background when I use the Sony HDI camera as its made for low light situations.

crieniecat

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:41 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Thanks Corina! It was second take, although take 1 was ok too.... just my memory card ran out of space half way though.... had to delete all the January videos of you and Ness :laugh: . Saved on hard drive though, of course. Can you imagine some backing vocals on this? Would be cool. And you know how I hate to give you any homework! :woohoo: Just don't look up some phony cover version to copy this time :side: :woohoo:
Chris... Are you sure you've only deleted the video's of January? 'Cause... I thought I could recall a certain memory of us planning on finally doing an Elvis song... :laugh: :P
Hmmm... Now how could have that slipped your mind...eh?! B) :P :kiss:

Of course I'd like to try and see if I can add some harmonies to this gorgeous song!! The how what when, oh and.. the homework :silly: :laugh: will need some attention B)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 pm

crieniecat wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:

Chris... Are you sure you've only deleted the video's of January? 'Cause... I thought I could recall a certain memory of us planning on finally doing an Elvis song... :laugh: :P

Of course I'd like to try and see if I can add some harmonies to this gorgeous song!! The how what when, oh and.. the homework :silly: :laugh: will need some attention B)
Ah, you mean the Elvis sings The Beatles song..... :woohoo:

michelew

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Chris,

That sounded wonderful. The Moodies suit you so much.

Keep them coming.

Thanks

Shel

:kiss:

crieniecat

Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:00 am

[/quote]

Ah, you mean the Elvis sings The Beatles song..... :woohoo:[/quote]

Well let's put it like this... if the Elvis wears the white suit, he may sing anytime and anything he pleases.... hehehehe ;) B)

auntlynnie

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:38 am

Fantastic, Chris! I loved every second of it!

You said that you extracted the sound and then added reverb, but I only notice the reverb on your voice. Is it actually there on the guitar, too. Or was the guitar recorded through a pickup?

Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic