Busking Every Good Boy Deserves Favour: You Can Never Go Home

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:28 am

Thanks for tuning in Shell and Lynn!

Its just one track Lynn, the voice and guitar together as I like to record it the way I intend to play it if someone was listening live. I can hear the reverb on the guitar clearly. I have been thinking about getting a mic I can clip onto my guitar, they are expensive but I think that will be my next step.

Many thanks to everyone for the kind and encouraging feedback on these MB songs that may not be familiar to everyone, I know I am on a good track with them and its very satisfying to share them like this! :)

wrsomers

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:58 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
. I have been thinking about getting a mic I can clip onto my guitar, they are expensive but I think that will be my next step.
)
Hi Chris,
In reading this it occurred to me that you might want to consider doing what I did with my Martin D28. I wanted to amplify it without changing it's unplugged look or sound. I settled on the K & K Pure Mini pickup. I sounds fantastic and doesn't affect the acoustics of my guitar in any way. You would also have to look long and hard to even know that it's there. The installation is very easy as long as you are reasonably handy and follow the directions exactly (including what super glue to use). The only scary part is enlarging the end pin hole to accommodate the plug jack. The directions tell you how to do that as well. The other alternative would be to had a luthier do it, the labor price would not be expensive (I would think less than $100 US) The pickup is passive, in other words, no batteries are needed. Most amps will allow you to adjust volume and tone for the guitar (as opposed to having those controls mounted in the guitar). The whole thing should cost you between $175 and $200. I used it when I recorded "In The Shape Of A Heart". As I recall you were impressed with the guitar's sound and balance.

https://reverb.com/p/k-and-k-sound-pure ... fid=466579

Bill

tombo1230

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:58 am

Great job Chris, sounding good. :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Thanks for tuning in Tom, good to hear from you!

Yeah. I saw that Bill. But I could never do that to my BSG :ohmy: I'm too squeamish and not skilled enough either to do it myself. I am tending towards the DPA d:vote 4099G that Doug demoed. I could use it on either my 12 string or the BSG.

dekotaj

Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:28 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Play !t and Post !t :) :

Thanks Chris.Good way to start ones morning. :) :)

Bravo
Kev

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks for tuning in Kev, glad to have been of service! :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic