busking Blue bayou by Sandysue

tombo1230

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 pm

sandysue wrote:
Hi Tom

I'm so glad to hear that we're going to see you back on the forum more often in the future, and that you and Claire are going to post some of your video's again, especially the one's you've actually composed yourself. That's awesome, we've all missed seeing and hearing from you lately, I know It's hard to find the time when you're so busy working.

Thank you so much for posting Roy Orison performing his song Blue bayou. Of course the original version sounds a little different than Linda Ronstadt's cover but I still like them both, even though it is hard to deny Linda's talent and beautiful voice. :) :) :)

Sandy
I hear you Sandy. Linda had the most beautiful voice, which makes it even more sad that she is no longer able to sing, very sad indeed. Thank goodness we have recordings.

Cheers,

Tom.

wrsomers

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 pm

tombo1230 wrote:

Thanks for reminding me of this. Orbison must have had one of the best pop singing voices ever.

Cheers,

Tom N.
I'll agree with you there Tom. His range was 4 octaves! Opera territory!

Bill

crieniecat

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:01 am

Oooooh dear!! My internet was completely down for some days, well.. glitching into cyberspace on and off, so it irritated the @#$%^%$#@ out of me.
Also made me aware of how spoiled we are with this instant technology nowadays :huh:
Well honey I'm back!! :laugh: And directly overloading TG with my comments.. so much to catch up with.... B)

Thanks Chris for being so sweet to email me the link so I was able to see the video on my cell phone (4G+) after all :kiss:
So thoughtful (and well deserved) to refer to Sandy's song at your post :)

And thank you Bart for trying to help me out as well :kiss: , by that time though I was floating in cyberspace already.... :blink:

and Mark looking forward to your rendition of PF's Comfortably Numb ;) or were you indeed referring to Blue Bayou? :blink: :laugh: Either way I know those moments as well. When in the car, preferably with the volume way up, I often embarrassed my children by singing along with the most weird and obscure songs, they never understood the thumbs up I'd get from other travellers :laugh:
Nowadays when we travel together I catch us all singing along...some a little muted, some using weird funny effects and voices, some just eeeh... oh well never mind :lol: So... I must have done something right, right?

Now SANDY!!! This is absolutely the BEST song I've ever heard you sing!!! B) You lady are so endearing and brave and hitting these notes as if the song was written for You instead of Linda..eh... who was she again? ;)
I can only hope to hear you perform this live. I'll be in awe for sure.
Big hug coming you way, sweet (and funny) lady! :kiss:

sandysue

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi Corina I'm so glad you found your way back to TG. You are such a sweet heart. Thank you for all of your compliments on my video. It sounds like you may be coming to IGC again this year. Could that be right? That would be awesome. you are so fun, and make such a contribution to the camp., and I love hearing you sing. :) hope I see you then.

Sandy

crieniecat

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:00 am

Aaaaw Sandy.... thank you so much!
Well last year while sick during camp it didn't feel to me as much of a contribution :lol: :silly: :dry: If I look back to the video footage it cringes my toes (and nails and hair and feet :lol: ) to see my feverish, red cheeks and swollen eyes. If it wasn't to Shel, Neil and the others to give me TLC, medication and herbal tea's to bring with me in my thermoflask etc, I'm afraid I would have become a total Zombie right there and then ;) Thank you all so much for all of that!

And while at it, I again want to apologise to Andy, my dear fellow camper since day one, as I stood him up while we were due to perform in the cantina :blush: :huh:
After making it to breakfast, I had to lay down again... to wake up somewhere late afternoon :S SO SORRY

And Michele... my sweet roommate... remember I woke you up with my shouting when I had a (feverish?) nightmare?! hihihih.

Sandy, let's say things are still a bit open and my boat can hit a rock or ride the waves ;) :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic