busking Blue bayou by Sandysue

sandysue

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 pm

Tom Wrote:
" I prefer the Stoned Ponies*. But you are right, I did get the name wrong. I believe I have thought that was their actual name for the last 40 years. Anyway, if you could sing like Linda Ronstadt, you would be able to get better musicians and I would be out of a gig."

I was just teasing you Tom. You guys can be the Stoned Ponies if you like. Sounds fine to me. :) Don't worry, I'm quite sure that I'm never going to be mistaken for Linda Ronstadt. I just love her voice and the songs that she likes to sing. :)

Sandy

sandysue

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 pm

sandysue

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Who knew you could sing like a little bird, that was just beautiful and had me smiling the whole way through. Loved it! :)

Tom N.
Hi Tom, I miss seeing you and your daughter busking all of your beautiful video's at TG. You must be busy working to hard. I hope you start posting again for us someday soon. Thank you so much for watching my video and for your wonderful comments. It's great to hear from you. :)

Sandy

dekotaj

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:10 am

sandysue wrote:
feeling a little impulsive today. decided to busk Blue Bayou, hope Linda Ronstadt isn't listening. :)

wow I wish I knew how to do this stuff. hummmmmmm

Bravo Sandy.

I have Linda Ronstadt greatest hit and this song is one of them. Thanks for sharing.

The very best to you.
Kevin

sandysue

Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Thank you so much Kevin for watching my video. I agree that this really is one of Linda Ronstad's most beautiful songs. I believe Roy Orbison actually wrote this song, as I'm sure you already know, but I've never heard him sing it. I should go see if I can find his version. :)

Sandy

tombo1230

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:30 pm

sandysue wrote:

Hi Tom, I miss seeing you and your daughter busking all of your beautiful video's at TG. You must be busy working to hard. I hope you start posting again for us someday soon. Thank you so much for watching my video and for your wonderful comments. It's great to hear from you. :)

Sandy
Hi Sandy,
You are right it has been too long......Claire is probably busier than me and she has just got a new job within the NHS which will give her more regular hours thankfully. I have a friend I have started writing songs with recently and have found it makes me work more on the guitar myself. I always did anyway, but even more now with purpose. So when I learn something Claire likes I will post something.

You said you haven't heard Roy sing Blue Bayou......here it is.

Cheers,

Tom N.

sandysue

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi Tom

I'm so glad to hear that we're going to see you back on the forum more often in the future, and that you and Claire are going to post some of your video's again, especially the one's you've actually composed yourself. That's awesome, we've all missed seeing and hearing from you lately, I know It's hard to find the time when you're so busy working.

Thank you so much for posting Roy Orison performing his song Blue bayou. Of course the original version sounds a little different than Linda Ronstadt's cover but I still like them both, even though it is hard to deny Linda's talent and beautiful voice. :) :) :)

Sandy

wrsomers

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi Sandy and Tom,
While we're on the subject of Roy Orbison and "Blue Bayou", you guys just gotta listen to this performance of the song. It's from a concert Roy gave called "Black and White Night". The band members will blow your mind:
Guitars:
T-Bone Burnett
Elvis Costello
Bruce Springstein
Keyboard:
Tom Waits
Backup Vocals:
Bonnie Raitt
J.D. Souther
Jennifer Warnes

Also involved with that concert were Jackson Browne, K.D Lang and others. An unbelievable DVD/CD if you are an Orbison fan.

Bill

sandysue

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Very nice Bill. Thanks for finding that video. It looks like Roy Orbison is well represented. Very cool. :)

Sandy

tombo1230

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:27 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Hi Sandy and Tom,
While we're on the subject of Roy Orbison and "Blue Bayou", you guys just gotta listen to this performance of the song. It's from a concert Roy gave called "Black and White Night". The band members will blow your mind:
Guitars:
T-Bone Burnett
Elvis Costello
Bruce Springstein
Keyboard:
Tom Waits
Backup Vocals:
Bonnie Raitt
J.D. Souther
Jennifer Warnes

Also involved with that concert were Jackson Browne, K.D Lang and others. An unbelievable DVD/CD if you are an Orbison fan.

Bill
Hi Bill,
I had seen this concert before, maybe on tv, not sure, but was knocked out by the support artists who are all
top notch performers themselves. Unbelievable lineup. :)

Thanks for reminding me of this. Orbison must have had one of the best pop singing voices ever.

Cheers,

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic