busking Blue bayou by Sandysue

auntlynnie

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Sandy,
That was fantastic! You have come so far with your singing (your guitar playing has always been wonderful), but wow, I am so impressed in your range, and even more than that, your confidence.
Just wonderful. I hope you share this with Jim Bruno - I know he will be proud of you!
Congratulations,
Lynn

tjwatson10167

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Sweet! I loved that Sandy. Hope I get to hear it live someday. Nice steady tempo, smooth playing, and lovely sing.

Ted

mweston

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Great job Sandy! That was fantastic. Can't wait to hear what you have for the other 3 open mic nights. (And mealtimes of course!)

This upload, along with your FOTW lessons (and emails :lol: ), show you've been working (playing?) hard, and it's definitely paying off.

Marc

thereshopeyet

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Sandy

The stage is yours for sure.

Dermot

:)

sandysue

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:35 pm

OK Mark I'm going to hold you to it. You're going to be singing Blue Bayou at camp this year for all of us. And by the way, you can share my thread any time you like. Maybe someone videoed you singing in the car today, you can post that on this thread for sure. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Lynn: you've been such a great friend these past five years since I met you at the first IGC. Thank you for checking out my video, and for all of your sweet comments.

Ted: Thank you so much. I didn't see if you are coming to IGC this year or not, but I really hope that you are. If so then I will see you then. :)

Marc: You're encouraging me to play a lot at camp this year, but maybe you forgot that you are one of the PIP's so you'ed better warm up that guitar of yours because that means you will be playing too :P

Hi Dermot: Thank you for my stage with the velvet curtains. I can always count on you. :) :) :)

7645slug

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 pm

Hey Sandy, loved it. Maybe we can change the name of the band to Sandy Sue and the Stoned Ponies.

--tom

sandysue

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:48 am

7645slug wrote:
Hey Sandy, loved it. Maybe we can change the name of the band to Sandy Sue and the Stoned Ponies.

--tom
That's funny Tom. I like it but are you sure you don't mean the Stone Poneys. Think I'll let you and Marc sort that one out. :P If only I could sing like Linda Ronstadt. :S

michelew

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:09 pm

:) I LOVE that song. :)

I'll write you directly Sandy. :kiss:

sandysue wrote:
Michele: You really liked that song I was learning from Neil, Adele's version of the song called Make you feel my love. I think Bart posted that song on TG one time with a different chord progression in the key of D. He always plays and sings everything really beautifully. If you would be interested in trying to collaborate with me and anyone else on that song then let me know and I'll make a video and send it to you. Of course with my technical skills, that video might end up in timbuktu, but I could always get Daryl to help me find it. :S

7645slug

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:38 pm

sandysue wrote:
7645slug wrote:

--tom
That's funny Tom. I like it but are you sure you don't mean the Stone Poneys. Think I'll let you and Marc sort that one out. :P If only I could sing like Linda Ronstadt. :S

I prefer the Stoned Ponies*. But you are right, I did get the name wrong. I believe I have thought that was their actual name for the last 40 years. Anyway, if you could sing like Linda Ronstadt, you would be able to get better musicians and I would be out of a gig.

* No animals were actually harmed during the writing of this, nor was that the intent of the fake band name.

tombo1230

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Who knew you could sing like a little bird, that was just beautiful and had me smiling the whole way through. Loved it! :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic