Showing off my student Riley performing Hallelujah!

TGNesh

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 am

Hi everybody,

I hope you can forgive me for not being able to resist to show off my student Riley, 12 years old. :)

This is her performing, playing and singing, Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, although, she was inspired by Alexandra Burke's version. ;)

She came in a couple of weeks ago wanting to learn this song which she intended to perform at a concert. (i have to say the venue was quite something. Personally I've never performed with a big screen behind me. :ohmy: ). She didn't do much fingerpicking just yet, so in a short amount of time, she really had to step on the gas for it. Her ability to also sing on top of that is just amazing.

Thankfully her mom had recorded it and send it to me. It just totally blew me away.....! I hope you all can see why I'm so proud of her. It also reminds me why I love what I do so much. As her teacher, this is simply.....I can't even describe it. :S :cheer:

spinland

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 am

That was transforming. Wow. You and she both have so much to be proud of.

She reminded me (in a slightly higher key) of kd lang's version which is my current favorite.

I expect your foot next to hers on that "gas" played a major role in such quality fingerstyle in a short time. :side:

Mark

familyman4

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:19 am

Hello Vanessa,

Please let Ms. Riley know that she did a wonderful job with this performance! Also, that she has now gone "International".

I can understand why you are so proud!
Bart

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 am

Great stuff Vanessa! tell Riley that she is sounding just great in Switzerland! :)

Craig

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:17 am

Congratulations to Riley for a great performance... and to her proud teacher!! Great job both of you!

Craig

michelew

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Ness,

WOW!.... that was really incredible. ... I'm completely blown away. I really wasn't expecting it to be ...so good and so beautiful...

I truely think that that is one of the best performances of Hallelujah I've seen.

It's a testament to you Ness that you were able to give Riley the confidence in her playing skills to allow her to get up there and perform like that. It's a testament to her courage and ... what I can only assume is the amazing and sweet young woman that she is, that she was able to get up and deliver that ... gorgeous performance.

You can tell Riley she has a fan in Sydney.

No wonder you're proud. You deserve to be.

Thank you. That's a wonderful start to my morning.

:kiss:

Shel

daryl

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Fabulous! Well done. And she has a fantastic voice.

tombo1230

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:03 pm

That was just brilliant!!
The singing was just beautiful, really nice voice she has. Guitar playing.....you have taught her well and she is obviously a quick learner and has no fear
Of performing to large crowds, what a star. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Tom N.

sandysue

Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:41 pm

Wow Vanessa, what an awesome singer your little student is, you've done a great job of teaching her and preparing her for that performance. That was fantastic.

Sandy

dekotaj

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:16 am

Bravo Ness.
A proud teacher as you should be. She played and sung just fantastic.
Please give her our best wishes.

Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic