Goodbye Blue Sky - Pink Floyd

Craig

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:12 pm

There have been some great posts by members lately. My long time TG friend, Chris, recently encouraged me to post so I figured it was my turn since it has been a while for me. Normally I'm pretty focused on what I'm working on, two or three songs at the most while I continue to try to polish up the songs I already know. However, lately I've been all over the place. Being a Pink Floyd fan, I keep coming back to this one over the last couple weeks. It's recorded on my phone so the quality isn't the greatest.

Thanks for watching.

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Ah, great to know I can elicit a response Craig! Especially such a great one like that! Loved the whole thing. This is wonderful PF instrumental and you have practiced the hell out of that, really nice! And it really showcases your lovely guitar with those deep tones. Forgive me, its a Mahogany or even Koa? I forget the make, please remind me. A Taylor I think. Super post!

Chris

EDIT: Ah of course, you are wearing your Taylor sweatshirt.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:02 pm

And YT just presented me with this gem from 2012, very nice Craig!

Craig

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Thanks for the nice comments and the encouragement Chris! It's a Taylor K24 which is Koa top, sides, and back. I'm glad you mentioned the tone because when I bought it people told me the tone would change over time as the guitar aged. I thought maybe a little but I was skeptical as to how much. However, it really has quite a bit. The mid-range is coming out deeper/warmer. I played the G and B strings louder than they came out in the recording, if I had to do it again I would have plugged in and turned up the treble a little bit. I guess that's what I get for recording on my phone! :laugh:

Thanks again,

Craig

Craig

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Haha! :laugh: That was a long time ago now! Obviously I've been dying my hair grey since then!! ;)

Craig

daryl

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:27 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Ah, great to know I can elicit a response Craig! Especially such a great one like that! Loved the whole thing. This is wonderful PF instrumental and you have practiced the hell out of that, really nice! And it really showcases your lovely guitar with those deep tones. Forgive me, its a Mahogany or even Koa? I forget the make, please remind me. A Taylor I think. Super post!

Chris

EDIT: Ah of course, you are wearing your Taylor sweatshirt.

Well done Craig! You're playing with more confidence now. Thanks for posting. Hope we will see more from you.

Craig

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks Daryl!

By coincidence I spent the morning rocking out with you!! ;) I appreciate the "confidence" comment. I'm glad it comes across that way because the insides don't always feel that way!

Thanks for watching,

Craig

daryl

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Craig wrote:
Thanks Daryl!

By coincidence I spent the morning rocking out with you!! ;) I appreciate the "confidence" comment. I'm glad it comes across that way because the insides don't always feel that way!

Thanks for watching,

Craig
That's good to hear. I wondered if you would. Play along that is. ;-)

sandysue

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Very nice Craig. Your guitar has really pretty tone and you're playing really well. I video with my iPhone too but I was thinking of looking into a nice video camera and some sound equipment that I can use at home just so I get a little better quality sound hopefully.

Sandy

michelew

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Very nice Craig. Very smooooooooth. I really enjoyed it.

It's great to see you back posting.

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic