Collaboration: Faded Memories by the Time Zone Zombies

spinland

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:25 pm

wrsomers wrote:
Ya think? :dry:
Fixed. :blush:

tjwatson10167

Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:24 pm

Just great. Loved all off it. So nice to see all those faded photographs. You put a lot into this one. Loved Dave on the lead too.

Thanks for another TZZ.

Ted :cheer:

michelew

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:18 am

Chris, Tom, Ted,

Thanks! Really glad you all enjoyed it.

Chris I have to admit I was hoping to get this one posted in a fairly quick time. There were a couple of things I considered redoing, like some of the phrasing in my singing, but in the end I decided to stop fussing and to go with your "Play !T Post !T" approach instead. :). Thanks for noticing.

Bill - that's nice. :)

Thanks guys.

Shel

TGNesh

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:01 am

Well TZZ, I'd say you got another hit! :cheer:

I actually immediately liked the feel of the song when it started. Somewhat Eagles-esque. :) I can see why you initially would give it a more emotional feel as well and I'm sure that it would've worked too. Still this was actually quite catchy and made it very 'easy on the ears' as Bill might put it. :P

I keep being amazed how the two of you crank out those originals. I think you're an awesome writer Shel, 'you got a way with words' (great title of a new song btw ;) ) and David, your fills were quite Eagles-esque as well. May I point out that I'm a húge Eagles fan, so please take it as I mean it. :)

Great job you two!!!!

Ness

dekotaj

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 am

michelew wrote:
[quote]Hi everyone,

Well this is another TZZ original song. If you've been following the forum you'd most likely know that this song was inspired by a photograph I came across while responding to one of Lynn's threads. That in turn prompted me to issue a song challenge which is here if anyone missed it.

We hope you enjoy it.

Shel

Faded Memories

Bravo Dave and Shel

Thanks for sharing.You two seem to be having a blast entertaining us all.What a lot of fun to watch.You two never disappoint with these TZZ collaborations. Looking forward to your next show.

Kev

michelew

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Ness - being compared to the Eagles in any way is quite a compliment; especially coming from you. So I was very happy to read that you found the song Eagles-sequel. :) :) :) and I was especially chuffed to be called "awesome". ;) :kiss:

Who knows, maybe I'll do the tear-jerker version of this song some day; but I figured we had enough sad songs. :)

So a new challenge eh? B) that reminds me that I still need to wrap music around my response to the last challenge you gave me.... it's the sad song thing that's been stopping me. Hmmmm... maybe soon.

I loved your response to this. Thanks sweet woman. :kiss:

Kev - yep we do have fun. It's really wonderful that we can share them with you. You're so generous. It makes all the difference being able to share our creations with such an appreciative and support audience. Thanks Bro. We'll be back. :kiss:

familyman4

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Great job you two!

The lyrics are so heartfelt and personal and the entire song is put together so professionally. Great job mixing it all together!

David, good to see your leads and fills throughout the song. It definitely adds more depth to the piece.

Thanks once again for sharing!
Bart

Michele and Dave,

The more I read the lyrics and listen to your song, the more I realize that my first post was lacking in the amount of praise deserved for all of the time, hard work, energy and expertise that went into putting this all together!!!! This was truly a work of art and it showcases how far the TZZ's have come in the past year or so. It is obvious that you feed off of each others strengths and personalities. Thank you both so much for the effort that was put into this project and then for sharing it with the rest of us.

Sincerely,
Bart

michelew

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:36 pm

WOW Bart... :blush: that's such a huge compliment ... thank you so much. A big thing that keeps our duo going is being able to share our songs with this community. Comments like yours are enormously motivating ...

Thank you... :kiss:

Shel

dennisg

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:31 am

This is really sweet and evocative, Shel. Congratulations on another fine TZZ song.

michelew

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks Den. I always love hearing from you sweet man. I miss seeing you on the forum ... and in person too...

Love

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic