Collaboration: Make You Feel My Love - Dylan cover - by Sandy and the Time Zone Zombies

michelew

Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi everyone,

This one needs little introduction. We're back with another cover of a beautiful song with a beloved member of the TG family. Life can be sweet.

Enjoy!

daryl

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:49 pm

Fabulous job Sandy! Well played and sung (and those zombies aren't too shabby either).

Rbinding

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Sandy - that was Awesome!!! I can't believe this is the same Sandy I met at the first IGC. You have come so far in your playing and singing. This was just a wonderful performance by you and the Zombies. Well done all around!

Ron

jcrocket

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:00 pm

That was absolutely beautiful!

Jeff

wrsomers

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 pm

That was just so beautiful. Sandy your guitar playing and voice sounded wonderful. Michele, great production as usual. David, you are so fast with your lead playing, I never saw your fingers move ;) .

Another great job by the TZZs and very special guest.

Bill

jayswett

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Very lovely. Well done.

familyman4

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Well there you have it, another great example of changing the key (at least from our initial conversation) and making it fit perfectly for you! I guess after thinking about it for a minute, maybe Adele did sing in this key afterall? (Garth Brooks and Bob Dylan both used the key of "D" I am pretty sure). Either way, sounds great Sandy! Isn't it wonderful that music can be changed to fit our needs but still keep the integrity of the song. I am so proud of you for jumping out on that limb and performing this song with the TZZ's. Which BTW, did a wonderful job as always too! Michele, I think you are the "mixing queen" around here and David, nice contribution with your fills.

Thanks for sharing!
Bart

7645slug

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 pm

So nice, I had to listen twice. I really enjoyed that Sandy, Michelle and David.

--tom

sandysue

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:32 pm

Daryl;: thank you for listening to our video and for your encouragement. It was so fun being "almost a Zombie" for a moment. :)

Ron: Thank you for your sweet comments about our video. You're right, on the first IGC I got so scared getting up to open mic, that I had to drink a lot of wine before hand, and then Neil had to get up and play along with me. I still get a little afraid up there. :S

Jeff: Thank you so much for your compliments about our singing and playing. That means a lot to me. I remember the first time I heard you play guitar in class at the first IGC. I looked over at you and thought to myself wow now that guy is really a great guitar player. And I was right, you really are. :)

Bill: thank you Bill for listening to our video and for your sweet compliments. You're so right, Michele is a jewel. She is so talented in every way. She can play multiple musical instruments, sings like a bird, and is so skillful at electronics and video production. None of this would happen without her. And of course Dave is an awesome lead guitarist, he adds a whole new dimension to that beautiful song.

Jayswett: thank you for listening to our video and giving wonderful feedback. It's great when our fellow guitarists at TG care enough to share in our fun and cheer us on.

sandysue

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:00 am

Bart:
You are so right, I did change the key to this song to match Adele's version, mostly because it fits my voice range better. I've noticed that since I started trying to learn to sing I've been more conscious of what key I need to be in when playing different songs. That's something I've never really worried much about until now. Voice range can limit your options to some degree, but then on the other hand it does kind of force you to learn how to transpose songs to different keys.

Tom: I'm so glad that you liked our video enough to watch it twice. That's a great compliment. Thank you. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic