Busking The Rave-Ups: The Tallest Tree

spinland

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:49 am

Bill: Cool, thanks for that link. I've gone over it a few times and I'll be working to implement. When the strumming gets really fast (like those quick notes in Tallest Tree) I add attack. I need to learn to pick both fast but with finesse. It'll come.

Chris: Yeah, hella good fun. Yet again, paying client work is suffering from my addiction to my new guitars. Gotta strike a balance but in the meantime I'm thrilling to how great these things play.

Willem: Thanks, sir! Glad you guys are liking my stuff, and I'm excited to post more (and to get better at both playing and vocals).

:side:

Mark

BobR

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:17 am

Hi Mark,

Well done. Enjoy your new Rose :)

Bob

spinland

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:20 am

Thanks, Bob!

I certainly am, and practice time is a joy rather than a chore these days; I already love practicing but doing so on a work of playable art makes the time all the better. :side:

Mark

dekotaj

Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:41 am

spinland wrote:
The main thing I hear when I watch this is the spots where I feel I could have been smoother on the guitar work (and one hesitant spot on the vocals). That being said, I feel I have come such a long way since I teamed up with you guys. I'm having fun, and getting better by the week. I can hardly wait to see you all at IGC and engage in terminal guitar geekitude. This video is also the debut of my new PRS Angelus acoustic: I've decided to name her Rose. :woohoo:

This song means a lot to me. During probably the blackest period of my life one of my dearest friends made me a mix tape of tunes she thought might help get me through the pain. It did. This is my favorite tune from that tape. It's obscure in that I had to arrange this entirely by ear, even the lyrics; nothing exists on the interTubez at all to work with. I enjoyed the challenge, and my resolve to sing it in the original key despite my aging vocal range.

[video type=youtube]7-aBX3p0HIE[/video]

:side:

Mark
Hey Mark would love to able to see what foks our talking about. But no video. Is there a reason for this ??

Kevin

spinland

Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:29 pm

I'm seeing the video fine, both in the original post and right there in the quote embedded in your post. It's just a YouTube link.

Mark

wrsomers

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Hey Mark would love to able to see what foks our talking about. But no video. Is there a reason for this ??

Kevin
Kev,
If you are using Firefox's newest version, you might have to disable their new site protection feature. There is a green padlock icon next to the URL line. If you see it, click it and then you can disable protection in order to see videos. I don't know if this is your problem, but that's what I have to do with the 52.0.2 32 bit version of Firefox. It's a royal pain in the butt.

Bill

spinland

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Wow, Bill, who knew? Thanks for that tip! Hopefully that's the issue.

If not, Kevin, please let me know and I can just put up the YouTube link generically.

Mark

michelew

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Hey Mark!

It was good seeing and hearing Rose in action. Thanks for posting.

M

spinland

Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:29 am

Thanks, Shel!

Working very hard at getting to a point where I can start doing her justice. :side:

Mark

tjwatson10167

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the song and the story. Good job. Love the PRS.

Ted

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic