Human - Rag N Bone Man

buddy

Tue May 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Here is a new song called Human by Rag N Bone Man. First time I heard it I fell in love with it. It is a song about codependency and carrying others peoples burdens that we should not. Let me know what you think, Bud

wrsomers

Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Well Bud, first I have to say your performance was superb. Very tight guitar playing with focused picking and use of percussion.

I found the song itself very disturbing; definitely not a happy song. You communicated the feelings very well, however not a song that imparts the kind of emotion I would care to listen to very often. It made me feel very sorry for both people in that relationship. I suppose that's what the writer intended.

The guitar sounded great.

Bill

Edit: 5-10-17. Bud, I've listened to this song several more times despite what I said above. I neglected to say how perfectly suited your voice is for this song! It also sounded great. Bill

davidrfinn99165

Wed May 10, 2017 3:27 am

Hi Buddy..wow that is an intense workout... i thought you played it flawlessly and, like Bill, i really liked the damping and percussive effects you were getting from the guitar.

Thx for introducing me to the song.. i've been checking out the version from the Brits on Youtube.

keep 'em coming/ david

michelew

Wed May 10, 2017 3:37 am

WOW that's was intense... very emotional, something you excel at.

Nice playing indeed. I'm also envious of your set up. It sounds great and looks cool too.

Nice one Buddy.

M

buddy

Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 am

wrsomers wrote:
Well Bud, first I have to say your performance was superb. Very tight guitar playing with focused picking and use of percussion.

I found the song itself very disturbing; definitely not a happy song. You communicated the feelings very well, however not a song that imparts the kind of emotion I would care to listen to very often. It made me feel very sorry for both people in that relationship. I suppose that's what the writer intended.

The guitar sounded great.

Bill

Edit: 5-10-17. Bud, I've listened to this song several more times despite what I said above. I neglected to say how perfectly suited your voice is for this song! It also sounded great. Bill
Hi Bill, I totally relate to how disturbing this song can be as that was the writer intent. Thanks for the comments and it is always good to hear from you. Bud

buddy

Thu May 11, 2017 10:06 am

davidrfinn99165 wrote:
Hi Buddy..wow that is an intense workout... i thought you played it flawlessly and, like Bill, i really liked the damping and percussive effects you were getting from the guitar.

Thx for introducing me to the song.. i've been checking out the version from the Brits on Youtube.

keep 'em coming/ david
Hi David, I love finding these off-beat songs. Glad you enjoyed this, they some interesting music that they are creating. Bud

buddy

Thu May 11, 2017 10:08 am

michelew wrote:
WOW that's was intense... very emotional, something you excel at.

Nice playing indeed. I'm also envious of your set up. It sounds great and looks cool too.

Nice one Buddy.

M
Always good to hear from you Michele. I do love these intense and emotional song, what can I say I am a sensitive guy B) Glad you enjoyed this tune. This band has some really different music they are creating. Bud

thereshopeyet

Thu May 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Hey Buddy

Did you record this song recently, you certainly made it emotionally your own !!

You're a super :dry: human, for sure. :)

Cheers

Dermot

PS

....... but it is all your fault ..... :huh:

buddy

Thu May 11, 2017 9:25 pm

Dermot you crack me up. Thanks for the comments but just remember I'm just a man and I do what I can. Bud

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 14, 2017 4:16 am

Hey Buddy, great song, great vid, great performance! I am pretty familiar with that song so I can see what a great job you have done with it, excellent all round. Your voice is perfect for this and your playing was really good. This is one that should be in your permanent repertoire and as you play it more often it will become very smooth and even better. Great job!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic