Chris and The AleCats sing So Long Marianne

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Corina paid another visit to Zürch and we got together at Ale's down town pad for a musical evening. Here's one we liked a lot. And seeing as Marianne is Corina's mum and Sunday is Mother's day, this is for her.

7645slug

Sat May 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Nicely done!

--tom g.

sandysue

Sat May 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Wow, I loved that. You guys sound great. :)

Sandy

davidrfinn99165

Sun May 14, 2017 4:51 am

Bravo..! i love the sweet harmonies, sounds great.

/ david

heatndude

Sun May 14, 2017 6:21 am

The smiles at the end say it all :)
That was awesome thanks for the professional level entertainment

Mark

daryl

Sun May 14, 2017 7:16 am

Nice! Love the harmonies. Now, how about you three trying "This Boy"? I'll send you the chords if you need them......

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 14, 2017 11:32 am

Many thanks for tuning in and commenting Tom, Sandy, David, Mark and Daryl!

Corina is safely home again and it was lovely to have her drop in for a musical weekend once again and so cool to have Miss Ale host us on Saturday night and join in with the songs! This was a lovely song to do with the girls as its very uplifting to sing and play, especially with their angelic voices to carry the song through the night (er, evening). Beautiful moments, treasures.

I have been rediscovering Leonard Cohen the past couple of weeks and was happily surprised to find so much more than I realised before in him and his songs. I used to joke, you can only listen to him after dark but in reality his songs have a light and beauty I never realised before. I found him to be be not only deep and poetic but calm, gentle and positive in his energy and message... I was not expecting that. And I was not expecting to be able to sing his songs very well. So, it was wonderful that both Ale and Corina appreciate him in the same way too, made for easy singing.

Thanks Daryl but, actually, This Boy is probably the only Beatles song I dislike! Could never identify with the energy of that song, somehow.

EDIT: PS, I hope everyone noticed that girls actually laughed at me! mid song as I fluffed the line, We met when we were almost young. :ohmy: :blush: :laugh:

crieniecat

Sun May 14, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks so much Tom, Sandy, David, Mark and Daryl!

This was so much fun as you can tell from the smiles all over our faces... :lol:
Looking back on another lovely weekend in Zurich, and same as the TZZ did, we were refueling our engines with precious moments spend together.

After she made us such a nice dinner Miss Ale complemented the evening with her charmes and lovely voice as always, she's a beautiful gem...
We thought we should be videoing it all to share the wonderful feel and scenery of that evening with all of our TG friends. Hope you enjoy!

P.s. no Baileys was harmed (ehrm... spilled ) while shooting this video.... B)

Cheers
Corina.

Craig

Mon May 15, 2017 12:01 am

nice job you guys! Sounded great! Very enjoyable.

Craig

buddy

Mon May 15, 2017 10:12 am

Chris, Corina, and Ale, very entertaining and well played and sung. Most importantly, it looks like you are enjoying yourselves. Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic