Busking John Fogerty - Centerfield

kelemenj

Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:18 pm

So about 7 weeks ago I decided to shove my fist into an attacking pit bulls mouth. I would advise against it if you could avoid it. I was coming to the defense my much smaller dog. She is fine but my middle finger got torn up pretty good. I started pressing it against the strings about a week ago. I forgot what it was like to have beginner's finger pain. But now I can relate.
:laugh: :laugh:

I tried uploading this through the busking uploader but had an issue or two so here is a link.
John

familyman4

Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:39 am

Hello John. Great to see you are back on the site with some more music! I did notice that you had made a comment or two recently so my hope was that you found your way back after a year or so of being away.

Nice job on the Fogerty song! I have always liked the intro riff.

Bart

TGNesh

Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:10 am

Echoing Bart, great to see you back with a cool tune again John!

I'm sure it's been a pain after the dog-incident, but I'm glad that it seems you haven't lost your chops at all.

When you started the song, it reminded of IGC 2013 when you did 'Rock This Town' I believe. That was so awesome and for me personally such a fun moment. I just couldn't stand still. :laugh:

Best to you John,

Ness

davidrfinn99165

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:05 am

Hi John...good to see you back...

gotta love that intro riff, and you nailed it !!
i'm off to learn it now..
/ david

daryl

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:30 am

Glad you're back John. Well played. You've got a smooth touch on those strings.

kelemenj

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:42 am

Oh thanks everyone. :) :)

I wanted to give the background on the dog 'attack'. My wife Laura and I were looking at adopting this dog. We recently lost a four legged family member and were trying to fill that void in our home. This particular dog could be classified as a rescue. He is a pit bull. He appeared to have gone through some tough times. He was missing an eye for one thing. We brought our other dogs to meet him and that's when the incident happened. It just came out of nowhere and in an instant. It's sad because It wasn't the dog's fault. It's my belief that he was intentionally damaged by some human failure. As Paul Harvey used to say, "That's the rest of the Story".

John

BobR

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:22 am

Hi John,

Very well done. You gotta love the intro :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bob

Craig

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Solid playing like always! Glad to see that your finger is working back into playing shape!

Thanks for sharing and good to see you back.

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Great song really well played and sung John, great drive and flow throughout.

Whats the gen on the guitar, pretty unusual looking. Great sound! What's it made of?

Good to see you back posting!

tombo1230

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:30 am

Well done John, that was very impressive. You rocked that out of the park. Brilliant!
And welcome back.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic