Beatles Cover - Something

wrsomers

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:18 pm

I've been off the forum for a while, partly because I have been super busy with household chores, etc, and partly because I have been working hard learning to play my electric guitar...something I have never done before. It has been quite a learning experience. I've learned a lot from fellow open mic friends who have been kind enough to give me some pointers. Anyway.... It features my PRS CE 24. Please excuse my weak head voice in the bridge. It's the best a bass/baritone can do. :-) I play the rhythm guitar, lead and do the vocals. The backing track is the bass, drums and orchestra. This one is dedicated to M. Love ya!!!

daryl

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:36 pm

You've never played electric lead guitar before? Seriously? You did a FANTASTIC job. Well done!! Now you need to learn how to play the bass. BTW your PRS is beautiful.

wrsomers

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:57 pm

daryl wrote:
You've never played electric lead guitar before? Seriously? You did a FANTASTIC job. Well done!! Now you need to learn how to play the bass. BTW your PRS is beautiful.
Thanks much Daryl. Yes, seriously, I've never played electric lead before, and thank you! I consider that a great compliment coming from the Master of TG electric busking. Bass??? Well maybe, but I'd rather just find myself someone to accompany me on one. Thanks again.

Bill

sandysue

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Wow Bill

That sounded so pretty. You can really play and sing. Very nice. :)

Sandy

davidrfinn99165

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:44 pm

hey Bill..so much fun, i'm glad the hat survived the change in approach ..

love the lecky guitar..more please !

i was gonna watch it again, but i'm stuck on the US open golf... i know you will forgive me !!

rock on.. i'm a great fan of everything george
/ david

michelew

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Go Bill!!! Awesome. :)

That's one beeeeeautiful electric guitar and you made it sing very sweetly. Fabulous.

Bass - I reckon you'd love playing that too. :)

Great job.

M

wrsomers

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:38 am

Thank you Sandy, David, and Michele, I appreciate your comments. I look forward to having more time to be active on the forum again.

My apologies to other posters for not chiming in lately, things have been crazy busy. I have enjoyed all of Ness's lessons and the great work of Chris, Corina, Bart. Jimi and others.

Bill

jayswett

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:36 am

I do enjoy your videos. I learn something from every single one of them.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:22 am

Welcome back Bill, was about to send out a search party :laugh:

Great job on putting that all together! Beautiful guitars in action there! Looks like you're getting a taste for electric, about time too :laugh: you are old enough to play one now! Took me to be 60 before I got one. Well played Bill.... don't stop now....

Craig

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Nice work Bill. That was great.

I've never played electric but I certainly think about it a lot lately.

Could you summarize what were the biggest lessons learned so far? (Sorry if that's an unfair question).

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic