Busking Brother Dege

buddy

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:56 am

Hi All, Heard this song the other day so I decided to pull out the resonator and have some fun with it. Really fun work with the pinky picking out some lead notes and also fun to play with a slide as well on this tune. Also want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for by beloved Susan. She had her last radiation treatment yesterday and she is doing well. She had 28 treatments in total and now will take some time to recover and rejuvenate her health. Her prognosis is very good to be cancer free !!!!! :cheer:

Bud

Craig

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:33 pm

That sounds great Buddy! I love that "raw" sound coupled with the slide. Very cool indeed. Also nice picking out those notes with your pinky. I have a hard time hitting the A or D string with my pinky without muffling everything else.

Very happy to hear the good news for Susan!

Craig

crieniecat

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi Bud,

You did this in one day?! So cool!
Sounded very steady going B)

I'm very glad to hear your beloved Susan is done with the program and ready for some absolute fantastic news! So thumbs up, fingers crossed and sending you all possible positive energy and vibes for the best possible outcome!!

thereshopeyet

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Bud

Nice Guirarrghing and Singing
Good News about your wife Susan.

Dermot

:)

buddy

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:46 am

Hi Craig, Glad you enjoyed this tune. You are right about the pinky picking. My little finger was a little sore from learning this song. Bud

davidrfinn99165

Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:27 am

Good playing buddy...you have that resonator sounding real sweet !!!

/ david

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:51 pm

This is good news all round Buddy! Wonderful to hear Susan is doing so well and finally finished the treatment with great prospects ahead! Really happy for you all.

And the song is a blast on that resonator... sounds fabulous! Very nicely done. I can see this was a lot of fun to do and you did it really well. A great mix of the resonator, slide and your vocals and as always, great sound! A little celebration of life, eh? Very cool!

BobR

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi Buddy,

You've got quite the groove going on on this one. I really like the sound of the resonator with the slide. Well done.

Glad to hear good news about Susan :)

Bob

buddy

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:41 am

crieniecat wrote:
Hi Bud,

You did this in one day?! So cool!
Sounded very steady going B)

I'm very glad to hear your beloved Susan is done with the program and ready for some absolute fantastic news! So thumbs up, fingers crossed and sending you all possible positive energy and vibes for the best possible outcome!!
Corina,

Thanks you much for your thoughts and prayers for Susan. She is recovering and her bright and loving spirit is shining through.

Bud

dekotaj

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks for sharing Buddy.

Like all your songs well played and sung. Have you always used a brass slide? I was thinking you used a glass slide before. Enjoyed the steady bass drum beat though the song.

BRAVO!!! Sir
Kev

PS God bless miss Susan. Wishing you two the very best in your hard times.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic