Collaboration: Oceans Between by the Time Zone Zombies

TGNesh

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Wow.....that was fantastic!!

I absolutely love the feel of the song, so mellow and soothing. You keep coming up with something new/original and surprising, which I wouldn't find very easy, if I were in your song writers shoes. :dry:

I thought it was all brilliantly done, the feel, all the instruments, the lyrics and I'm a sucker for the ocean, so the video was right in my wheelhouse. :cheer:

You guys have outdone yourself, just fabulous all around!

Ness xo

crieniecat

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:44 pm

Jeeeehaaaaa TZZ are back in town!!

What a lovely production and I must say I'm very relaxed and calm now, listening to these ocean sounds and drifting off in mind with my sailboat...
A cool Pina Colada in my hand, sunglasses on, one of the guys waving a cool (and needed!) breeze towards me with this huge palm leave thingy...
ahaa yeah, getting the picture here? ;) B)

Shel, another fabulous production and David... what can I say... you've mastered the lyric writing program, it is a pleasure to read, hear, see!!!
Hats off for the TZZ :woohoo:

Time for another Pina Colada...
Oceans.... ;)

la, la, la, laaaa
La, la, la, laaa
I am flying,
I am flying,
like a bird,
'cross the sky...

michelew

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Kevin, Daryl, Craig, Bart, Sandy, Bill, Tom, Bob, Ness and Corina,

Thank you all so much for all of your wonderful comments. It's true that we never know how our productions will be received and I'm personally thrilled with all of your responses.

Yep - David is quite the song writer and if I didn't have to do the pesky work thing we'd be working on getting his other creations out too much faster than we're (I'm) currently able to.

I'm not surprised that David's fabulous acoustic outro has its own fan club; it's gorgeous. He already knows what I think of it. :)

The final mood of this song was partially inspired by some new Latin percussionists that were recently added to GarageBand. We always have fun exploring those. :)

I'm glad you all like the video. Almost all of the photos are ones I've taken around Sydney, in Port Stephens where my brother lives, in Margaret River - Western Australia and from my trip to California last year (I wonder whether any of you recognized those :) )

Bart - to answer you question, most of the tracks that I developed (that remain in the final track) and the audio production generally actually came together pretty quickly. I did spend quite a bit of time working up some extra noodles on the electric guitar but most of them hit the cutting room floor. I've got a long way to go before I can get anywhere near David's talents in there. I'm in awe of his skills in that area too.

This was another fun one. Corina - you crack me up. I can imagine the queue of volunteers for the job of banana leaf-thingy fanner :) I'm assuming a skimpy uniform is a must, right. B) :silly: :woohoo:

Ness - your accolades in particular are always music to our ears. Thank you sweet friend.

Thanks again for responding so sweetly. It definitely motivates us to do more.

Shel

buddy

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:50 am

Wow, I miss a week on TG and missed so many good posts. Really like this one that you collaborated on. Lyrics and music are really well done.

Congratulations, Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic