Bike Rides and Breakfast

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Bike Rides and Breakfast sounds like a great song title, maybe it will make it one day.... could have called it What I did This Summer :)

Back in the atmosphere after a wonderful couple of weeks in California with trips to San Fransisco, wineries, Sandy's Ranch and, as titled, bike rides (with Neil and friends around the Los Gatos hills) and breakfast. Never eaten better tasting fruit and never drunk so much fabulous wine nor eaten so many great meals in the space of 14 days! And never been made feel so welcome and treated so kindly. A trip to TG Central is a wonderful thing. Got to tick off some items on my bucket list including playing and singing Moody Blues and Gordon Lightfoot songs with Neil and doing a tribute to Glen Cambell. Played a whole stable of fabulous guitars too from Ed Claxton, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Gibson, Collings, to Martins and Wiley's Skylark. Met many TGer I have been longing to meet on their way to camp - even if it was only to say hi and goodbye at the BBQ before camp it was a highlight! As was visiting Sandy at her ranch where Corina and I could play plugged into her Fishman amp and have Sandy as our own videographer :-). Neil and Nani were wonderful hosts far above the call of duty :)

Took part in two house concerts with a whole selection of Neil's students and CCNess was able to do live versions of Africa, I'm not in Love and a number of goodies. Great evenings spent in song and with wines of the Gods :laugh: .Staying up late with fine Californian wine in the garden and spacing out to Neil's On The Horizon playing over the 24/7 music system with Neil listening to it for the first time in years and having Corina channel Karen Carpenter giving us a surreal stereo effect was just far out! Had the time of my life!

I will post a video and some pics here for anyone who is interested.

:) Chris

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Corina, Ness & Neil (CNN) at Ed's house concert. My phone memory card blew a gasket at the end... sorry!

At the winery (one of them! :laugh: ) Image

wrsomers

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Very good rendition Chris and Corina! Gordon is still the man. I would have liked to hear you play it a little slower, but overall it was great.

Bill

wrsomers

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:32 pm

One of my favorites by Corina, Ness and Neil. Thanks for the beautiful music!!!
Bill

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Thanks Bill! This is the slow version :laugh: normally a little faster, somehow it just happens!

sandysue

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi Cris and Corina

I feel really so lucky that you took the time to come visit me at my home, and share your friendship, and beautiful singing and guitar playing with me. I had a front row seat at our "house concert". What a treat. :)

I have to say that you are truly two of my most favorite people, and I hope so much that I get to see you, and hang out together and share our friendship and passion for music again soon. :)

Sandy :)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:37 pm

Sandy, the pleasure was all ours! You are a wonderful host and lovely, lovely person. So good to meet you and spend time with you. Till we meet again! :)

wrsomers

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks Bill! This is the slow version :laugh: normally a little faster, somehow it just happens!
Oh well "Jedem das Seine" :) :) . Still a great song and a wonderful rendition by Chris and Corina!

TGNesh

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Many thanks for sharing your TG-Central experience Chris! It sounds like a fabulous time for sure and I'm very happy for you.

I still can't get over the acoustics of Ed's house....just WOW!! :ohmy: :cheer:

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic